Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Barowski
Germany
Limburg an der Lahn
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,
I 1m a father of 3 kids, 4 years, 6 years and 12 years old and I am always looking for games, which can be played with the whole family.
Recently I found cocotaki and I think, that this game fits perfectly into the group of card games that can be played by young ones and "olds".
The game consists of animal cards in different colors. And the rules (in the basic version) are so simple, that the game can be played with 4 year old kids easily.
Everybody gets 8 cards right from the start. One card is layed open. Now you can play a card if you have got the same animal or the same color of the last open card. Everytime you lay down a card you have to sound the matching animal noise. If you miss to make the animal sound you get a penalty card. If you have only one card left you have to state that fact too, otherwise you also get a penalty card. The player who is the first to play all his vards wins the game. This sounds quite simple, and it is, but there are some exeptions to the rules which make this game fun to play (especially with kids). Red animals don´t make a noise, and if you make a noise, when playing red animal cards you get penalty cards. The red cock is another exaption, if you play him you have to say cocotaki (not kikeri ki). That´s the basic version. Ther are also version for "advanced players": For example if you play a cock the next player has to miss his move or if you play a donkey everybody that follows has to play a donkey too etc..
I can only recommend this little card game for every family with kids from (3)4-104 becuase it´s easyly to learn, quick to play and everybody (including the parents) have a lot of fun, and that´s not allways easy achieve with "family games". So go to the next store and buy this little card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.