Hide
2 Posts

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong» Forums » General

Subject: A problem with indicating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Washington
msg tools
After a few plays, I noticed a problem with this game: the Forsenic Scientist always struggles with just indicating the weapon. What I mean is is that the scientist is so bent on indicating the weapon that the ecidence left behind is getting lost in the background. Most of the weapons don't line up with evidence, so that also poses a problem. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buttons McBoomboom
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remind the players that the clues given can lead to BOTH the weapon and the evidence left behind.

For instance, I played School as a location. This got the players to think about possible weapons such as Packing Tape, Metal Chain and Dumbells. But it also got them to think about evidence left behind such as Chalk, Mask, Violin, and Dirt. (The murder was Packing Tape and Mask.)

For my group so far (and I've taught two different groups) emphasizing that the clues could lead to either the weapon or the evidence (and possibly both) just seems to work out so far.

Also, once a game has been completed, be sure to talk about reasons why clues were played. Maybe once they see that *this clue* pointed to the evidence they will (in a way) become better detectives. I think that's a cool part of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.