Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The placement of Production Buildings is optional or not?

I am asking this because in our last game i had 2 Production Buildings remaining and i could close off 3 regions with my last 3 actions.

Could i close off the first region, place no Production Building and keep them to place when i closed off the next two regions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I don't think it's optional.

I also think that you must place a Production Building if you can, but i am waiting for a definite answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize, because this is not the definitive answer everyone is waiting for, but I did get my copy of Hermagor yesterday, and the rules make no implication that this placement is optional. The player checks to see if he/she has completed a region(s), and, if they have, then they place the corresponding production building(s). The rules then very specifically state that if you have no production buildings left that you cannot place one. I believe that if this placement were optional, that the rules would have implied as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Ornella
Germany
Malschenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Placeing a Production Building is NOT mandatory when you close a region.
Normally you want to place it because it is worth money immedialty and/or at the end.
But you should decide to avoid this for some reason. One is the lack of remaining discs in your supply. So you can decide to avoid the placement if you whish.

Remember that if you place a Production Buildin this means to avoid to another player to place there. But you will get the final score only once even if you have more than one P.B. there...

I hope this answer the question.
Thanks,
ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.