11 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wild Dogs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Merk
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It says both sides roll 3 melee dice regardless, I drew dogs in a multi person event, when it says side does it mean both the dogs and gang recruit and I only roll 3 or the dogs and I roll 3, the recruit rolls 4 for out numbering me, and I roll 4 for highest melee stat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Paul, in which multi-person encounter did you draw them please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Merk
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It was just a standard lvl 2 encounter with two on the icon on the tile. I think it was the dogs and the doomsayer which added a gang member. I shot and killed the doomsayer during shooting round and wounded the dog. I played it as, I rolled 3 against the dog and he rolled 3 against me. I rolled 4 against the gang member and he rolled 4 against me because I beat his melee and he had the numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a zone says to do 2 encounters, you do them one at a time -- resolving the first entirely before drawing the 2nd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
joshaubry wrote:
When a zone says to do 2 encounters, you do them one at a time -- resolving the first entirely before drawing the 2nd.

Are you sure about that? The shooting phase can be split over different targets. So if you roll 4 dice for shooting you are allowed to allocate some dice to one enemy and some to the other. If you played it your way you must have 2 shooting phases? (One for each enemy?)

The one at a time thing is for the melee combat. We do one round of melee against one enemy, then one against the other. After that, the second round of melee begins, then a third. The enemies are technically fighting you together. That's why they get a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
msg tools
mb
Lorado69 wrote:
joshaubry wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Yes. (Page 6, Encounters)

Each silhouette within a zone = an encounter. If there's two silhouettes in a zone, you don't take two cards from the deck and combine them, you do it one at a time. Each encounter gets a shooting and melee phase.

When there's references to a party / multiple enemies, it means the human or mutant minions that some encounters get.

For those situations, the shooting phase has a tweak in that prior to rolling your dice, you roll you choose how you're spreading (Page 7, Shooting Multiple Enemies). Is it all on one enemy in the hopes you kill them? Or is it spread across them all in an effort to weaken them all and have less rounds in the melee phase?

In the melee phase, you compare your party (you and followers), with the enemy party. Both parties have 3 melee dice. If they outnumber you, they get +1 melee dice.

From then, you then have a melee round with each enemy separately, up to three rounds, or until you or they die. So if there is 3 enemies and you succeeded, it might be something like:
* A>B>C,
* A>B(dead)>C
* A(dead)>C(dead) -- you win that encounter.

(Page 8, Fighting Multiple Enemies)

Lorado69 wrote:
The enemies are technically fighting you together. That's why they get a bonus.

Not if they reside in different encounters. It's this happened (E1) then this happened (E2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorado69 wrote:
joshaubry wrote:

Are you sure about that? The shooting phase can be split over different targets. So if you roll 4 dice for shooting you are allowed to allocate some dice to one enemy and some to the other. If you played it your way you must have 2 shooting phases? (One for each enemy?)

The one at a time thing is for the melee combat. We do one round of melee against one enemy, then one against the other. After that, the second round of melee begins, then a third. The enemies are technically fighting you together. That's why they get a bonus.

Yes, I'm sure . See Jason's answer for details, but, yes, there will be 2 shooting phases -- one for each encounter. Note that an encounter could involve multiple enemies (mainly if the encounter card directs you to add minions, like the slavers cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
thecodezombie wrote:
Lorado69 wrote:
joshaubry wrote:

Are you sure about that?

Each silhouette within a zone = an encounter. If there's two silhouettes in a zone, you don't take two cards from the deck and combine them, you do it one at a time. Each encounter gets a shooting and melee phase.

When there's references to a party / multiple enemies, it means the human or mutant minions that some encounters get.

For those situations, the shooting phase has a tweak in that prior to rolling your dice, you roll you choose how you're spreading (Page 7, Shooting Multiple Enemies). Is it all on one enemy in the hopes you kill them? Or is it spread across them all in an effort to weaken them all and have less rounds in the melee phase?

In the melee phase, you compare your party (you and followers), with the enemy party. Both parties have 3 melee dice. If they outnumber you, they get +1 melee dice.

From then, you then have a melee round with each enemy separately, up to three rounds, or until you or they die. So if there is 3 enemies and you succeeded, it might be something like:
* A>B>C,
* A>B(dead)>C

Lorado69 wrote:

Not if they reside in different encounters. It's this happened (E1) then this happened (E2).

Thank you very much. You are, of course, correct. The rules are actually quite clear about that. Thanks for fixing my understanding of it. I've played a game since (properly) and it works just fine

Have a great Christmas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Merk
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thecodezombie wrote:
Lorado69 wrote:
joshaubry wrote:

Are you sure about that?

* A>B>C,
* A>B(dead)>C

Lorado69 wrote:

Wow! Thanks for addressing this, no woo over this has kicked my butt every solo play lol. I've had upwards of 5 enemies at a time with hour I was playing! I had tile and zone confused or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenny Raaymakers
New Zealand
Wanganui
flag msg tools
Yeah, I had the tile and zone confused at the start too. We weren't gaining a journey point until the entire tile was finished. We never even reached the level 2 zones...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I feel your confusion. Had to put some time in reading the helpful advice from BBG'ers here & Rahdo utube.
And the 'locations' _ zone, tile, spots, position, section = confusing ( I got location disconnect. rereads solved problem)

" You must draw a number of encounter cards indicated by the number of figures on the zone you are moving to"
( So I draw X number of cards before I can move to that 'zone?)
(When you draw a card in a game ya expect to act /or it act on you immediately. but not in this game )

These can be combat encounters that take you straight to the battle or narrative encounters that require you to take a decision and/or a test ( doesnt say they are done in a sequence/order

If the zone triggers more than a single encounter, draw and resolve each one before drawing subsequent ones" ( some clarity!

But/And from Move rules ;
"Whenever you enter a new zone, you must resolve a number of encounters equal to the number of figures in the zone"
( so ya think its Fight_Fight_Fight
" Move one zone and resolve its encounters. If you are on a completed terrain tile, you may either move into an adjacent
tile, or draw a new tile, place it at an unconnected exit of your current tile and move into its first zone. Resolve any encounters there" again,Fight_Fight_Fight all comers?

I don't think the rules are badly written.
Once you know a rule its obvious.

Maybe a monitored viewing of gamers' interpreting rules/game- play would of shown where editing would of helped.
But what company does that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.