Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have he base game and toxic city mall but have not played in a long time. I remember that the more characters in the game the easier it was but I also remember many of the scenarios were long.

This claims 60 minutes, how accurate is that? Have they really shortened the play time to an hour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the mission. Each mission tells you the difficulty, the suggested number of survivors and the expected playing time. I think 60 minutes is the shortest (from memory without looking), but there is at least one mission that states 180 min (uses all nine tiles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quests in Black Plague are designed for 6 Survivors exactly. Thus, the playtime will generally be constant regardless of the number of actual players. The Quest times listed in the book should be fairly accurate once you are familiar with the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Slowfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know if others here are matching the time they give in the rules book. We don't. We in general need longer. For quest 2 (60 min.) we needed all in all (more than one try) 2.5 h because we wanted everyone to survive as we don't like someone sitting besides the table not allowed to play anymore. Same for the older seasons. I think it was in really rare cases that we matched the given play time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly my thoughts as well. I just played Quest 1 solo with 6 characters and it took me 2.5 hours as well. Okay, I think I spent maybe 15 minutes in total for rules referencing but I could never have won that quest in 60 minutes. That doesn't seem possible unless you never plan and blindly charge into zones. Such reckless behaviour will lead to an early defeat.

Planning is key. It already starts with which survivor goes first. One survivor might have a Speed spell which can buff another survivor, but that is only useful if that survivor can go through a specific zone if it is cleared of zombies first. And that means that survivor X has to go earlier to clear the zone... but he must first trade with another survivor to get his better weapon and so forth. You get my drift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
at least the first 2 quests are quite straightforward in what tactic to apply, which tends to shorten the play time as you face less dilemma's.
for now i feel the game plays faster than the modern zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Hmm...

We took quite a while on the tutorial mission just re-learning Zombicide plus the new stuff... Maybe about 1hour 15?

But Mission 1 for us was really quite quick. I think it was about 1hour 20 minutes.

Granted this is still longer than the rulebook states; but not by too much for an hour-ish game.

Though I think more players actually increase game length as more discussion / thinking time.

I have played it 2 and 3 player so far with all 6 survivors in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers. I'm a bit on the fence on this one, I like the medieval setting but it doesn't sound like there is enough difference between this and the original as far as game play goes. And the time seems like it still may go long for many of the scenarios. It's a definite wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Hale
United Kingdom
HULL
N/A
flag msg tools
First couple of missions we played went over a bit, getting used to the new rules (zombicide veteran) but are generally on the money, although the second mission went a bit faster as we still only used four heroes (which was pretty challenging), having 6 heroes will increase gametime I guess.

The medium/hard missions involve a lot more rooms/tiles so will no doubt be longer (probably closer to the times stated on the missions themselves)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.