Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states, "When you fuse a card next to a card it has affinity with, move 1 energy from your potential onto the card you just fused into the matrix."

Does "it" refer to the card you play to fuse into the matrix or the card that is already in the matrix?

I am fusing card A into the matrix and it is adjacent to card B. Card B has affinity with A. Card A does not have affinity with B. Do I move 1 energy from my potential to card A?

I am fusing card C into the matrix and it is adjacent to card D. Card C has affinity with D. Card D does not have affinity with C. Do I move 1 energy from my potential to card C?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Finlayson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hey Gene, here are the answers to your questions:

1) "It" does indeed refer to the card you are currently fusing. Affinities and enmities ONLY happen when a card first enters the matrix.

2&3) Affinity is always both ways. If one card has affinity, they both have affinity with each other. The reason for this is that all emotion cards (with a wavy circle icon) have affinity with all cards they share a polarity with. Instead of writing this on every card, it is stated in the rule book that you must always check both cards. This also applies to promo cards. For instance, if you have the early supporter exclusives Wood & Metal, they state that they have affinities & enmities with the four base elements (Earth, Water, Fire & Air) but those cards in the base game will not refer to Wood & Metal.

If you check out http://symetra.net there is a game play video that also illustrates this.

Thanks for your interest in Symetra. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.