Popular Tags: [View All]
Redd
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was not able to find this covered either here or rules forums regarding some nuances of the solo/AI setup, so will ask here. I know solo I could do however, but would be interested to know the "intended" flow.

Seems to me the natural flow would be 60 card Free Agent Deck > AI Deck > Buy Rounds > Start Series (do not clear the Buy Row) rather than the Buy Rounds > ?Buy Row? > AI Deck indicated in the rulebook listing order.

If I choose the 15 AI cards first, then the AI gets the most choices and I get the leftovers for the pre-series Buy Rounds. I assume this is the intended way as the rulebook says to shuffle the "60 card Free Agent deck and deal 15 cards" - there would be less than 60 cards if the Buy Round actually happened first.

If instead I do my Buy Rounds first before AI deck setup, do I clear the Buy Row and shuffle them back into the Free Agent deck before choosing the 15 AI cards or do I leave the Buy Row as it stands to start the Series and then the AI gets the "leftovers" to form the AI deck?

The AI deck was discussed after the player setup in the solitaire rules in the rulebook, but not sure if that was the intended flow or just where the AI setup description fell out.

Hope that made sense...

Redd

P.S. Having a blast with this game, solo mostly but hoping to get my son hooked as well...and wishing I had picked up BH2045 earlier!! I "fell out" of MLB a while back and that caused me to pass this over, obviously had no idea what I was missing...baseball fan or not. Luckily all those SGOYT posts got me interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
The intended flow is to shuffle the Free Agent deck, deal top 15 cards face down for the AI team and then setup a 6 card buy row if playing with the core FA deck. (10 card buy row if playing with any expansions)
Some players setup the AI team by choosing players from the FA deck or making changes after the random deal for the AI team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, if you don't shuffle the buy row back in at any point, it makes absolutely zero difference whether you deal the AI cards first and then the buy row or vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikefitz wrote:
The intended flow is to shuffle the Free Agent deck, deal top 15 cards face down for the AI team and then setup a 6 card buy row if playing with the core FA deck. (10 card buy row if playing with any expansions)
Some players setup the AI team by choosing players from the FA deck or making changes after the random deal for the AI team.

Thanks Mike! Did it in the rulebook list order (Player Setup then AI Deck setup) the first few times I played and it seemed backwards.

Great solo game! A late entry, but becoming my favorite for 2015 and I haven't even added in my expansions yet (although I did add in some new teams to get V1 - V8). I'll have to try some "stacked deck" options with the AI, could be fun. Perhaps even an "All Star" Veteran Team against a Stacked AI Deck would be fun to experiment with. So many possibilities, I can't wait to see what all comes out.

Redd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redd,

Glad to hear you are enjoying it and best of luck getting your son playing! If he is a game player, I am pretty sure he will love it as well!

Best,
Ralph

Go Wiffle!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.