justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost Stories

local BAMM had ghost stories for 50% off ($24.99); cheaper than amazon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Flowood
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be noted my store also has all games b1g50% off which stacked with this for me. Might be YDMV since my manager was tired and was ready to go home. He said I dont care just do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasmine
msg tools
Found Flashpoint for 50% off (60% with card) too - didn't get the additional 50% off though.

Friends have lucked out with ghost stories too, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
local BAMM also had: Escape: The Curse of the Temple, but i passed on it. didn't think to try the b1g1 50% off along w/the clearance...may swing back by; but i'm 99% sure that's supposed to be on regular priced items only.

would almost be worth it but their markup/MSRP is legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Richards
United States
Crossville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its important to also note that the games are on sale even if not marked down by your local store. Just found Flashpoint on the shelf full price, but rang up 50% off. I imagine other sale games are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Ghost Stories, Flash Point, Survive: Atantis and Camel Up in Aiken, SC at 50% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Loin o Beef wrote:
I saw Ghost Stories, Flash Point, Survive: Atantis and Camel Up in Aiken, SC at 50% off.

bummer; i'd probably pull the trigger on flash point and camel up....especially if the bogo 50% off stacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n b
msg tools
Doh, went by mine and only Survive: Atlantis had and actual sale sticker ($25), but Flashpoint and Ghost Stories still appeared full price.

Even asked an employee if any of the games without sale stickers were actually on sale and they said no. Might have to to go back and have them try ringing them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ Shoemaker
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 1 Escape, 3 Ghost Stories, and 2 Space Cadets: Dice Duel @ 50% off... in addition to the BOGO 50% off deal they're running. Our BAM was a nuthouse today, I wouldn't have even tried to get 50% off the 50%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoeby wrote:
We have 1 Escape, 3 Ghost Stories, and 2 Space Cadets: Dice Duel @ 50% off... in addition to the BOGO 50% off deal they're running. Our BAM was a nuthouse today, I wouldn't have even tried to get 50% off the 50%

yeah;mine wasn't busy...but they wouldn't do 50% off clearance items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this merited its own thread so ill tack it on here.

Books a million in Myrtle Beach, SC at Briarcliff Mall had all of the previously mentioned offerings, PLUS a copy of Takenoko marked at $35 that also featured a 50% off (+10% for members) sticker. Range up as $17.50.

Only one they had there, but figured I'd post in case anyone else wanted to try their luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our BAM has Sons of Anarchy and Ghost Stories for 50% as well in their big clearance box. It's been there for a few weeks. I wonder, do they ever drop down below that to get rid of anything left? I'm not really tempted to buy Ghost Stories, even at 50% off, but if it is still there and they drop to something obscene like 70% - 80%, then I'd have to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Arpin
United States
Baltic
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last clearance the stuff got knocked down to 75% for a weekend. I got 2 copies of Heroes of Normandie for $15 each and a copy of Bang! The Dice Game for $5 in the fall clearance. What is kind of ridiculous is that my store has copies of Heroes of Normandie back on the shelf now at the MSRP again so they put them on clearance and then restocked it sometime after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhudson1972 wrote:
Our BAM has Sons of Anarchy and Ghost Stories for 50% as well in their big clearance box. It's been there for a few weeks. I wonder, do they ever drop down below that to get rid of anything left? I'm not really tempted to buy Ghost Stories, even at 50% off, but if it is still there and they drop to something obscene like 70% - 80%, then I'd have to buy it.

Last time it was a special promotion for a weekend - "take an additional 50% off clearance". But I've only seen that once.

It pays to be a member. I picked up Ghost Stories last week; 50% off, +10% off, + $5 off $25 email coupon (I had to buy a chocolate) - final price was about $17.50.

Recently my store also had Camel Up and Castles of Burgundy in clearance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to see BAM's store inventory online? Their website doesn't even have listings for games people have found in store like Ghost Stories, Castles of Burgundy, etc. Their website and stores must carry different products because that is almost always the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasmine
msg tools
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
Is there a way to see BAM's store inventory online? Their website doesn't even have listings for games people have found in store like Ghost Stories, Castles of Burgundy, etc. Their website and stores must carry different products because that is almost always the case.

No unfortunately. I also asked a worker in store if they had a database / inventory in their computers to check an item quickly and they said they only track books and literary accessories. You just gotta make the drive and check out the bargin bin - they're almost always the same 5 or so titles mentioned in this thread.

Still only Ghost Stories in stock at Lakeland BAM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
catsuits wrote:
SgtSagara1001 wrote:

No unfortunately. I also asked a worker in store if they had a database / inventory in their computers to check an item quickly and they said they only track books and literary accessories. You just gotta make the drive and check out the bargin bin - they're almost always the same 5 or so titles mentioned in this thread.

Still only Ghost Stories in stock at Lakeland BAM.

Thanks for the info. Next time I am near a store I'll swing in and see what they've got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.