Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Perić
Croatia
Zagreb
Croatia
flag msg tools
mb
Hello!

Played this last night on easy mode and we decided to go with the boat. However, we took our time so that we could do the "search for boat" action enough times to actually find one. So we get to the port by using only 1 hour for movement (meaning that we had 3 hours left for other actions - including searching for the boat). The Captain goes first and he is successful on his first try (we found the boat. YAY!).

Now my question is, can everyone still perform their actions they have available during the day (like rest or build barricades) or do we have to leave in the boat immediately. We ruled the former. But then we had a whole load of barricades around our boat (all 24) and everyone was fairly well rested so it was rather easy to escape.

Did we read the rules right?

One more situation that bothers me. It's about the barricades. Let's say that there are more than 3 infected in the Ring I area and they are supposed to move. If there is even one barricade there (and no catacombs), they're stuck until they destroy that one barricade?

Also, if there are no barricades, three infected move into the barricade boxes. What happens to others? Do they just wait their turn? And let's say that the characters manage to destroy 2 out of the 3 infected which have just moved in with their assault actions. Do the others not in the barricade boxes attack at all during the "Boss/Infected attack" phase or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peric51 wrote:
Hello!

Played this last night on easy mode and we decided to go with the boat. However, we took our time so that we could do the "search for boat" action enough times to actually find one. So we get to the port by using only 1 hour for movement (meaning that we had 3 hours left for other actions - including searching for the boat). The Captain goes first and he is successful on his first try (we found the boat. YAY!).

Now my question is, can everyone still perform their actions they have available during the day (like rest or build barricades) or do we have to leave in the boat immediately. We ruled the former. But then we had a whole load of barricades around our boat (all 24) and everyone was fairly well rested so it was rather easy to escape.

Did we read the rules right?

One more situation that bothers me. It's about the barricades. Let's say that there are more than 3 infected in the Ring I area and they are supposed to move. If there is even one barricade there (and no catacombs), they're stuck until they destroy that one barricade?

Also, if there are no barricades, three infected move into the barricade boxes. What happens to others? Do they just wait their turn? And let's say that the characters manage to destroy 2 out of the 3 infected which have just moved in with their assault actions. Do the others not in the barricade boxes attack at all during the "Boss/Infected attack" phase or not?

about the boat finale I refer you to page 25 of the rules.

Quote:
General points
To flee Venice by Boat the Group must:
- be in one of the Ports (Location A Shipyard and B Western dock);
- perform successfully the Look for Boat Special Action;
- face the Night on the Boat, seeking a safe route towards mainland and safety.
Find the Boat
To find the Boat, Captain Terror must perform during the Day the Look for Boat Special Action in the Ports (Locations
A and B). When he performs this Action, make a random Search (Nightmare card)::
Item: he finds the Boat
Survivor: he finds 1 Survivor
Infected: he gains 1 Stress and finds 1 Survivor or 1 Item
If he finds the Boat, the Group may flee by sea during the Night. The Look for Boat Special Action can be performed
any number of times during the Day, but if the Boat is not found by the end of the Day, it will be impossible to look for it
in this Location. Face the Night as usual in the Port where the Group is.
If the Boat has been found during the Day, it will be possible to flee aboard it during the Night ....

since you are in daytime you can sill use the remaining hours. You will flee next night.

About infected movement I refer you to page 12. 3.3 in the rules.

Quote:
3. 3. Boss & Infected Movement
Each Boss moves towards the Refuge space of his Ditch a number of spaces equal to his Movement value.
Once all the Bosses have moved, each Infected moves towards the Refuge space of its Ditch a number of spaces equal
to its Movement value.
If a Boss or an Infected moves to the Ring I and has any Movement points left, it must be placed in a vacant Barricade
box, but only if there are no Barricade in any of the 3 boxes of the Cave: if any one box is occupied by a Barricade, it
cannot enter the box. Each box can only be occupied by one Barricade, Boss or Infected.

Note: to avoid confusion, it’s better to move the Infected one Cave at a time, starting with those on the Ring closest to
the Refuge.

Rule of the Strongest
If several Bosses/Infected have enough movement points to enter Barricade boxes, place first in these boxes the Bosses/Infected
with greater Attack. In the case of a tie, place first those with greater Life. If any boxes are already occupied
by Bosses/Infected with lesser Attack/Life, replace them by the strongest
At the start of the Boss & Infected Movement, the boxes are occupied by 3 Incubus (Attack 1). In the Ring I are 1 Moloch (Attack 2), 1
Vermin (Attack 1) and 1 Martyr (Attack 3). Place in the Barricade boxes the Moloch and the Martyr, moving back 2 Incubus to the Ring I.

About your game.

You say you have all 24 Barricades up and everybody is well rested...
Surely you missed some other parts of the rules.

I haven't had a single easy game of Carnival Zombie.

During daytime time even in easy mode time is valuable.

Please refer to the english faqs available in the file section to see where you missed some of the rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.