Hide
4 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mixed questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juerg haeberli
msg tools
During the play of my first game some questions arose.

1. Since leaders do not count for stacking we supposed they didnt count for crossing borders either.
2. The same is supposedly true for paratroopers during blitz ?

3. Can a naval unit which supports a ground combat blitz ?
4. Can a naval unit directely retreat to an neighbouring costal area ?

5. If France falls its resources are not available during the same turn for production ?

6. If you dow someone you have to attack him. At least enter some of his territorry ?

Thats all for the moment.
I won the game as the Allies in Summer 40 when the German attack on Paris failed and his only retreating possibility was fully stacked.
As a beginner it is not always easy to find good use for all the CP's. This seems to change after you get some experience with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
1. Since leaders do not count for stacking we supposed they didnt count for crossing borders either.

Correct. 2.6 Unit description and 5.6 rules explain this.

Quote:

No, once a paratrooper unit lands it counts against border limits. 2.6 says they act as infantry once on the ground even though they do not count against stacking.

Quote:

Not in support of a new land battle because all units may only move to an adjacent area. Theoretically you could make a naval attack with any air available to an adjacent sea area if it contained enemy naval units. I've never seen this happen, but it could.

Quote:

Not from a coastal area to a coastal area, first you have to move to the adjacent sea area. Kiel canal allows movement between North Sea and Baltic.

Quote:
5. If France falls its resources are not available during the same turn for production ?

Correct, there always is a one turn delay for captured resources before they can be counted toward production.

Quote:
6. If you dow someone you have to attack him. At least enter some of his territorry ?

10.1 is pretty clear, but the question gets murky because of the timing of when to deploy the minor's forces. I recommend you play that the attacker announces his intentions and moves forces then the defender can deploy the neutral unit/s as desired, including into areas being attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
haeberich wrote:
During the play of my first game some questions arose.

Thats all for the moment.
I won the game as the Allies in Summer 40 when the German attack on Paris failed and his only retreating possibility was fully stacked.
As a beginner it is not always easy to find good use for all the CP's. This seems to change after you get some experience with the game.

1. Leaders do not count for border limits. See rule 2.6 under Leaders.

2. Airborne do count for stacking and border limits during blitz, and for all regular movement, retreat, and regroup. Also see 2.6 under Airborne.

3. Blitzing units can move to an adjacent area, however, naval units cannot move directly from a coastal area to an adjacent coastal area, so no, naval units cannot support a ground blitz. I am unsure if they are allowed to move to an adjacent Sea Zone since the rule simply says blitzing units can move to an adjacent area. By a strict reading, the naval units will not be able to move during the blitz at all, though I suppose they could then Regroup instead. See 5.61 under Blitz-Exploit.

4. No, naval units cannot move, regroup, or retreat from a coastal area to an adjacent coastal area (except in Norway - see 1.62). When they leave a coastal area, they have to enter the touching Sea Zone first. See 7.22 and 7.25.

5. Correct, conquered resources are not available until the next turn. See 11.2 in the Important note.

6. Correct, the DOW is caused by attacking another nation's unit or a unit of their ally, or entering a land area the other nation controls or that an ally of that other nation controls. See 10.1.

Normally I find I never have enough CPs, from the very first turn! Though it is true, occasionally early in the game, a player might not be able to use all of their CPs.

Edit: Hated to see the questions unanswered, but I took too long to write them up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juerg haeberli
msg tools
Thank you very much for your fast answers.
We will see how the second game turns out.

Happy holidays

Jürg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.