Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I place a defensive position (foxhole) in a hedgerow, does the infantry unit inside the foxhole receive a +2 defensive bonus from the foxhole only or does it also receive a +2 bonus from the hedgerow? I assume the foxhole essentially changes that square to a defensive bonus of +2, while removing the previous terrain modifiers of the space. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds correct to me. That is the point of an overlay

I will check with DPG, but I don't expect it will be different. I will let you know either way once I hear back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I have played it. Overlays take precedence over the square for sake of modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:
That sounds correct to me. That is the point of an overlay

I will check with DPG, but I don't expect it will be different. I will let you know either way once I hear back.

Thanks Xavier! I just wanted to be sure. I could not find specific text in the rule book that answered my question. Many of the hex and counter games I play would have the foxhole be an additional bonus for the hex, so my uncertainty probably stems from that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
That is how I have played it. Overlays take precedence over the square for sake of modifiers.

Thanks John! I think you guys are probably correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ray Johnson

Houston
Texas
msg tools
OH NO! A BEAR!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's some scenarios where they put positions or buildings over terrain, and the overlay just overwrites the terrain, so I'd agree with the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.