Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: I have a few questions about the rules I feel like I missed... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Pettey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
1) When you die on the second or third zone of a tile and have to go back, do you start at the first zone all over again?

2) If you happen to die in the last zone of a tile and also kill the enemy as well, is the tile cleared or do you have to start it over?

3) Do the player and enemy roll at the same time for a firefight or is it based on speed?

4) Do weapons add to your dice that you roll (melee/ranged)?

5) If you die at the same time as your enemy, do you still gain their card as XP?

6) When fighting multiple enemies, is it correct that you split up your ranged dice per enemy and you melee each separately?

7) I noticed that when someone turned mutant that 2+ of their cards had two blood-drop icons on them. Does that mean each time they do damage they are doing damage for each of those mutation cards?

I am sure all of this is explained in the rulebook, I just may have overlooked it. It was my first game after all. Thank you for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my best understanding:

1) Yes, your start all over again. Weirdly enough you still get journey points from the zones you have to start over. You do not get journey points if you travel through zones on previously completed tiles, though.

2) Not sure about this one, but ... Yes, you have to start over.

3) During a firefight, turn order is based on speed. Only when speed is tied do you attack simultaneously. If you have a higher speed and kill the enemy, he does not shoot back.

4) The dice on your weapon are added to your pool. This is typically the case with ranged weapons. Don't know of any melee weapons that also does this.

5) Yes. No.

6) This is correct. You may split up your blue dice when fighting multiple enemies. You may also focus them on 1 enemy. The decision needs to be made before you roll, though.

7) No, the mutant player picks one if them.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Updated the post based on some comments below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pettey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
That does help, thank you. Now I just need to get Question #2 clarified. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2) If you happen to die in the last zone of a tile and also kill the enemy as well, is the tile cleared or do you have to start it over?

You have to start over. On page 10 of the rules under Knocked Out, at the very end of the section, it reads: "If a player is down to 0 health or morale due to an encounter, the encounter and zone does not count as being resolved and no XP or journey points are gained from that encounter and zone respectively." My bolds.

I believe that answers the question that you have to start over when you reach the tile again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Pettey
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
rccoll wrote:

You have to start over. On page 10 of the rules under Knocked Out, at the very end of the section, it reads: "If a player is down to 0 health or morale due to an encounter, the encounter and zone does not count as being resolved and no XP or journey points are gained from that encounter and zone respectively." My bolds.

Then that also means that the answer to Question 5 is no, I do not gain the card as XP. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cruz
msg tools
mb
I want to clarify question #1. You do have to start all over (meaning back at your home tile), but you DO NOT get journey points for previous zones/tiles you completed. The reason for this is because once you clear a tile (however many zones it contains), you place a black zone token (forage side up) on the completed tile. This means when you pass by previous completed tiles, you MUST take that one encounter (all those tokens contain one person/mutant image on it), but since the zone is black no journey points are awarded.

I hope this clarifies what Alexander previously wrote.

Happy Gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree with Alex Cruz. When a tile was previously completed, you do not get journey points for traveling through them. But when a tile was not completed because you died, yet you did complete 1 or 2 zones on that tile, then completing those zones again does yield you journeypoints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.