Hide
5 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Accessing and resolving cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alceringa Sinenomine
msg tools
Hi. If I access the corporations hand and randomly choose a card the manual says I must resolve it (i.e. Steal trash etc) before moving to next card.

My question is when you access a card in the hq or r and d that is "take three damage" or "lose all your credits" do those effects take place ?

I realize ice doesn't get accessed. For example a run is made on my r and d and the first card is an event that hurts the player. Does it hurt the player? If so do I pay the cost for it first.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you are accessing cards, yeah, completely resolve anything that happens (including anything that you can do like trashing it) before accessing another. So if you, say, hit a Snare! and the Corp pays the cost to activate it, the runner takes the net damage before going on to access another card if applicable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
It says on the card, if it has an effect when accessing it uninstalled, like "Snare!" does. An operation like "Scorched Earth" does not fire while being accessed from R&D, HQ or Archives, since the Corp would have to spend a click to play it and it's the Runner's turn, so the Corp can't play anything that needs a click.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clearer:

If the card that is being accessed has a "when accessed" ability, that ability fires. The card itself will tell you if and from where the ability doesn't work (for instance, Snare! doesn't fire if it is accessed in Archives).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alceringa Sinenomine
msg tools
Thanks everyone !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.