Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LANDSCAPE TILES
PRINCIPE KONRAD’S PROPOSAL

GENERAL RULES :
1) Site: as for the usual Structures, the Landscape tiles can be built (action: Transform and Buld) only on a terren of appropriate color (possibly after digging):
a) Home terrain for basic factions and Shapeshifters.
b) Ice for Ice factions.
c) Fire for Fire factions.
d) every unlocked terrain near the river for Riverwalkers.
2) Cost: different factions build their respective landscape tiles differently .
a) Basic factions, Ice factions (Yeti, Ice Maidens) and Shapeshifters at cost of 1 Spade (Giants included; Darklings can use a Priest, as usual, and they get 2 VP).
b ) Fire factions (Dragonlords and Acolytes) through its special power, at the usual cost.
c ) Riverwalkers at cost of the placement of 1 Bridge (instead).
3) Power value: Landscape tile scounts as a building of 1 power value, as regards both gaining power and founding Towns.
Also, it counts as a structure as regards both founding a Town and Final Scoring tiles.
4) Upgrade: once built, Landscape tile cannot be moved or upgradated in any way.
5) Uniqueness: every faction can only build 1 Landscape tile.

Each Landscape tile provides both an immediate reward (1x = one shot) and a permanent ability (from now on ...). Here is the complete summary for all factions.

Ice Maidens (Winter Palace)
Immediate reward: you take immediatly a Favor Tile.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you build a Temple, you get 1 Spade; if you build your Sanctuary you get 2 Spades.

Yetis (Frozen Peak)
Immediate reward: place 2 Power tokens from the general supply in your Bowl III.
Permanent ability: from now on, your Trading Posts income is increased by 1 Power; your Temples have power value 3.

Dragonlords (Dragon Caves)
Immediate reward: advance 2 spaces on Fire cult track.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you get a Spade, place 2 Power tokens (and not only 1) from the general supply in your Bowl I; If you build your Sanctuary, immediatly and only once place a number of Power tokens from the generals supply in your Bowl I.

Acolytes (Blood Altair)
Immediate reward: advance 1 space on each cult track.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you send a Priest to the order of a Cult, you also gain 2 Power.

Riverwalkers (River Keep)
Immediate reward: unlock 1 terrain for free.
Permanent ability: from now on, you can unlock terrains withous paying Coins; if you build your Sanctuary unlock 1 terrain for free.

Shapeshifters (Shimmering Manor)
Immediate reward: if you want, you can immediatly change your Home terrain (according to the usual limitations).
Permanent ability: from now on, your exchange rate is lowered to 2 Workers for 1 Spade (and not 3).

Witches (Coven Crest)
Immediate reward: advance 2 spaces on Air cult track.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever your build a Dwelling you get 1 extra VP.

Auren (Life Spring)
Immediate reward: advance 1 space on the digging track (lower your echange rate by 1 and get the usual 6 VP).
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you build a Temple, you advance 1 space on any cult track; if you build your Sanctuary you take 1 extra Favor tile.

Mermaids (Coral Reef)
Immediate reward: advance 2 spaces on Water cult track.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you advance on Shipping track, you get 2 extra VP; if you build your Sanctuary immediatly and only once advance 1 space on Shipping track for free (and get the usual VPs).
Special: you can build this Landscape tile on a River space (the tile don’t prevent shipping and building a Bridge)

Swarmlings (Great Lightouse)
Immediate reward: advance 1 space on Shipping track for free.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you found a Town, you collect 3 Coins.

Chaos Magicians (Chaos Chasm)
Immediate reward: you collect immediatly 7 Coins.
Permanent ability: from now on, if you build your Stronghold, you collect 2 Workers; if you build your Sanctuary, you collect 1 Priest.

Giants (Cyclopic Fortess)
Immediate reward: immediatle and once resolve 1 available Power Action for free.
Permanent ability: from now on, you double Bonus Cults and Special action effects from Bonus Tiles (1 Spade = 2 Spades, advance 1 space of any cult = advance 2 space of any –one– cult).
Note: you can use one of 2 Spades from Bonus Cults, Fortess Special action and 2 Spade Power Action to build this Landscape tile, but, in this case, the other Spade is wasted.

Dwarves (Mithril Mine)
Immediate reward: advance 2 spaces on Earth cult track.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you Tunneling, you collect 2 Coins.

Engeeners (Builder School)
Immediate reward: if you want, build a Bridge (also of another player)
Permanent ability: from now on, if you run out of your 3 Bridges, you also can building Bridges taking them from the supply of another players. These bridges still counts as yours.

Cultists (Hight Shrine)
Immediate reward: you collect immediatly 2 Priests.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you build a dwelling or upgrade a structure and all your neighbors refuse to take Power, gain 3 Power (and not only 1); if you build the Sanctuary, you get immediatly 2 Spades.

Halflings (Spade House)
Immediate reward: you get immediatly 3 Spades.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you get 1 Spade you get 1 Coin.

Alchemists (Golden Workshop)
Immediate reward: you collect immediatly 8 Power.
Permanent ability: from now on, you can advance on digging track (lower your echange rate) at reduced cost of 2 Workers and 5 Coins (basically now you don’t have to pay the Priest).

Darklings (Dark Library)
Immediate reward: after building the Landscape tile, you may immediately and only once trade up to 3 Coins for 1 Priest, up to three times.
Permanent ability: from now on, whenever you use 1 Priest as a Spade (for building this Landscape tile, too), you also collect 2 Power.

Nomads (Great Bazaar)
Immediate reward: use your Sandstorm ability for free (Stronghold is unnecessary; don’t place the Action token).
Permanent ability: from now on, your Trading Posts income is increased by 1 Coins; if you build your Sanctuary, you can use the Sandstorm ability (from immediate reward or the Stronghold) through bridges and river spaces.
Note: you cannot use the Sandstorm abiliy to build this Landscape tile, because you transform a terrain without Spades.

Fakirs (Arcane Oasis)
Immediate reward: you collect immediatly 1 Priest for every Town e 1 Coin per every connected Cluster you have (count only the bigger connected Cluster area).
Permanent ability: from now on, the income of your Stronghold and Sanctuary is increased by 1 Priest; if you build your Sanctuary, the range of your Carpet Flight ability is increased by 1 Terrain or River space.

EDIT1: clarified the building cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your proposals might contain some good ideas.

But IMHO, all of these are so powerful, both immediate and permanent rewards, that every faction will probably want its bonuslandscape on early game, no matter the circumstances.
On top of that, you lowered the cost to 1 spade on every terrain if I understand 1.a) correctly.

For strategies variety, I wish bonus landscapes that are not obviously to be built on every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Malvestuto
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
On top of that, you lowered the cost to 1 spade on every terrain if I understand 1.a) correctly.

No, the bilding cost is an additional cost. If you build your Landscape tile on a terran different from your Home terrain you must first digging (as usual).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that makes a little more sense, but I still think your landscapes are nearly as strong as a second SH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Malvestuto
Italy
Roma
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My aim is to use the Landscape tiles to strenghten the weaker factions (eg Fakirs) and provide to the strongest factions alternative ways of development.

In the case of Yetis I encourage Trading Pots and Temples, which are the structures that they tend not to build (if not in the very late game).

In the case of Chaos Magicians I provide a reward for building Stronghold, which is generally neglected.

And so on ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke s.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most of these seem way too powerful as stated above. Have you tested any of these in a game?

Riverwalkers get a pretty huge buff that will undo the recent changed rule for them and also gives a free terrain... They are still pretty good with their new rule. So it makes no sense at all. Same goes for your darklings idea.

Most of these seem like u haven't really thought them through.Although I must admit there is a rough potential in some of them (shapeshifters idea seems ok)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bryce
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I really, really like your costing system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.