John Weismann
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
I am looking for collaboraters on a project.

I basically want to put together a unified ruleset that takes the campaign systems from WoA and ToEE, as well as the best of the fan created campaign systems and put them in a single document, along with the published rules and optional fan-created rules.

One thing I want to include is the ability for players to make their own characters, and level those characters up as the campaign progresses.

Let me be clear that what I do NOT want to do is try to turn it into an RPG or add additional complexity to the system.

The one-roll mechanic and simplicity of this game are perfect.

My players simply want to be able to create their own characters and level them up over the course of a campaign, while I use different combinations of tiles and cards to create themed dungeons.

I would love any input, or to find collaborators.

Here is a link to the thread on the main forum thread;

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21272381#21272381
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blksabbath74 wrote:

One thing I want to include is the ability for players to make their own characters, and level those characters up as the campaign progresses.

Let me be clear that what I do NOT want to do is try to turn it into an RPG or add additional complexity to the system.

Keep in mind that leveling heroes also mean you need to level up monsters, traps and most Encounters, this is where complexity joins the party and make you scratch your head. If you level up only one aspect of the game, balance is quickly impacted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Harker

Kalamazoo
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm replying a bit late because I just got TOEE. I suggest you check
the files for the other Adventure System games. Many people,
myself included, created new characters and cards, scenarios,
and homebrew rules. I posted a (now very outdated) Advanced
Rules booklet that allowed character creation and leveling above
2cnd, among other things. Ravenloft and WoA have lots of contributions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.