Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Overall, do you like the distinctive "Book" box Mantic designed, or would you rather they had just done a conventional box.

Binary choice. Comments below.
Overall, I like it. I'm glad they went with this cool book box design.
Overall, I dislike it. I would have preferred a conventional box.
      119 answers
Poll created by Noahboa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta love the pre-loaded user polls designed to get a specific outcome.

Personally, I think the design/look of the book boxes are fine, but I would have preferred a bigger box with an intelligent insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave m
msg tools
Agreed. A little bit bigger and would have been great if we had a third box to store all the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the 'idea' of the Book Box, but it was a bit flimsy and I still end up needed extra storage for all my bits anyway. I've been using it to store all my DS related books/record sheets in. It works well for that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aquilaprime wrote:
I liked the 'idea' of the Book Box, but it was a bit flimsy and I still end up needed extra storage for all my bits anyway. I've been using it to store all my DS related books/record sheets in. It works well for that

I agree, so I voted 'overall' I like it. I do wish the execution was better, but in general I like them.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the book boxes enough that I'm seriously considering selling off all
4 expansions and holding out for the retail versions.

So ... if you're in the Western European region and are interested in buying the 4 Dungeon Saga expansions at a bargain price, please PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall, I dislike it. I would have preferred their conventional plastic cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:

Personally, I think the design/look of the book boxes are fine, but I would have preferred a bigger box with an intelligent insert.

I did my best to phrase this in as neutral a way as possible, and I haven't given my own opinion yet. How would you suggest a poll on this topic should be constructed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:
ampoliros wrote:

I did my best to phrase this in as neutral a way as possible, and I haven't given my own opinion yet. How would you suggest a poll on this topic should be constructed?

Well, removing the word "cool" would be a good start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:
... How would you suggest a poll on this topic should be constructed?

Did you like the book box? Yes / No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, overall I dig the idea, and it looks cool, but it's not as functional as it ought to be. If I need more, I'll get them from Amazon. They're not only cheaper, but they look cooler and they don't have that stupid lip. They won't match in size, but I'm pretty cool with that. They also won't need a slip cover to keep everything inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
Noahboa wrote:
ampoliros wrote:

Well, removing the word "cool" would be a good start.

If your overall feeling about the box is favorable, you probably do think it's cool. If your overall feeling is unfavorable, then you probably wish they had gone with a conventional box design. But anyway, thanks for the feedback -- it's just a silly internet poll; I'm not trying to push anybody in one direction or the other. The box design is so distinctive -- I think that much is objectively true, and I'm just curious as to how it is being received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is fine and actually clever. It holds the base game and some expansion material just fine. The real question to me is will there ever be a second book or a related box for the rest of the expansion material?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I think it is fine and actually clever. It holds the base game and some expansion material just fine. The real question to me is will there ever be a second book or a related box for the rest of the expansion material?

What you got is what you got. If you bought all 3 expansions then you got an extra book box to hold it (It still doesn't hold everything). They just re-opend the pledge manager to buy more book boxes, but at $20 its pretty pricey and then there is shipping on that puppy. You also don't really know the art or whether or not it comes with the sleeve.

The expansions at retail all look like they come with book boxes.
I think the best bet was get the base game from the kickstarter and then get the Adventures companion and all 4 expansions at retail. That would net you 6 total book boxes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All my stuff fits in the book boxes, though I am using a separate container for the miniatures because I don't want to bang them together and knock the paint off and bend spears and what-not. I sleeved my cards and built an insert to keep them organized, then put all the tiles in the second box.

I don't need another book box, but if I did, I would just buy one somewhere else. For that matter, I'm not going to pick up the Adventurer's Companion reprint, either. It doesn't have enough in it to be a long-term useful resource. Hell, half the book is just repeating the rules, and the incomplete rules and unanswered questions aren't getting fixed so there's not much point. Now, if they were to actually say how the naiad demon hunter got shooting dice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VixenTorGames wrote:
All my stuff fits in the book boxes, though I am using a separate container...

So then no, all your stuff does not fit in the book boxes. Had you actually tried to put all the miniatures, all the tiles, all the cards and all the books into the paltry two book boxes you were supplied you would find that there is nowhere near enough room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.