Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

i´m wondering if i need those packs.

there seems to be 7 corruption and 20 wound tokens in the base game.

every hero can take 7 wounds. so 20 seems to be to few to play with more than 3 heroes.

but corruption tokens i only need 1 per char and one for ths sin.
so 7 is ok.

is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need them. The game comes with enough cardboard ones plus the stretch goal upgrades them all to the plastic tokens. The packs were added by fan demand because a lot of people wanted to use them for other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said about people just wanting extra heart tokens, as for the wound people wanted more to fill up the their player boards and they thought it looked cool with more then 1 tentacle, purely extra though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Sullivan
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thought on the forum at the time was to use them for other games that use hearts and tentacles, Cthulhu themed games abound use these tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A pack of corruption tokens lets you:

1. Fill the corruption meter on the player mats rather than just moving a single token from left to right. A nice thematic improvement.
2. Replace the cardboard corruption tokens that are placed on the game board during play.

Let's just hope the tokens turn out better then B-Sieged's gold tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. That looks like a yellow turd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll likely use them with Eldritch Horror, Elder Sign and Mansions of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grizzix wrote:
I'll likely use them with Eldritch Horror, Elder Sign and Mansions of Madness.

I've got all of them and I still can't figure out quite what you'll use 'yellow turds' for in them.

oh...

You meant the tentacles and hearts didn't you..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Ouch. That looks like a yellow turd.

Colored plastic minis never look good in photos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies, I'm trawling through updates and must have overlooked some bits.

Could someone be so very kind as to spell out how many wound / corruption tokens we need, and are there any in-game advantages to picking up more (e.g. filling up the corruption track, rather than moving a single counter along the track, seems to come up)

I still read that there are 20 wound counters for up to 7 heroes x 7 wound boxes - but then there was an implication that we might get more counters than that, due to other cardboard counters being upgraded ?

Thanks for helping me out here, it's really quite confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's super simple. The game comes with enough markers for any game scenario that comes up. If you Kickstarted it, you get additional plastic 3D versions of every one of those markers.

The extra packs are ONLY for people that want more tokens than are needed, whether to pimp out other elements of the game or to use in other games.

They were not even an option at the start, but so many people posted "I want to buy more tentacles!" that CMON made it an option.

To play the game as designed, you do not need any extra packs. At all. Ever. Under any circumstance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
msg tools
mb
cador2 wrote:

every hero can take 7 wounds. so 20 seems to be to few to play with more than 3 heroes.

Each hero can take 5 wounds and there are only 3 or 4 heroes on the board at any given time. 20 is all you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.