Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Alternative for maneuver dials. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
If, like me, you have some difficulty to handle these maneuver dials (due to malfunction in the hands), or if you liked the maneuver cards from wings of war, you can find, in the following link, some maneuver cards for 22 ships :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5in4qo5hk1qummx/xwing-maneuver-car...


Each ship has 4 specific maneuver cards (with some exception, because some ships have 5 maneuver cards, and other have only 3 maneuver cards).

Each maneuver card has 4 maneuvers.
First, secretly choose 1 card.
Second, secretly choose 1 maneuver by rotating this card.
The chosen maneuver is in the up position (when you read the card).
Then flip the card face down.
At your turn, reveal the chosen maneuver : very simple.

PS : if someone has thoughts (and pics !) about possible stats for the Republic Gunship...
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Kentz
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have problems with my hands as well.

This is what I use.
Mark my move with a dry-erase marker and flip them face down.

Works great!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.D. Shrum
msg tools
jeromek99 wrote:
I have problems with my hands as well.

This is what I use.
Mark my move with a dry-erase marker and flip them face down.

Works great!


We do this also. In addition to being easier on the fingers, this method is actually a huge help to those that have a harder time with the spatial concept of the game. Specifically -- it is a lot easier to see a ship's possible moves this way. We've founded newer people prefer this method too, especially with trickier ships like B-Wings.

~A.D. Shrum
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"The game is afoot!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ADShrum wrote:
jeromek99 wrote:
I have problems with my hands as well.

This is what I use.
Mark my move with a dry-erase marker and flip them face down.

Works great!


We do this also. In addition to being easier on the fingers, this method is actually a huge help to those that have a harder time with the spatial concept of the game. Specifically -- it is a lot easier to see a ship's possible moves this way. We've founded newer people prefer this method too, especially with trickier ships like B-Wings.

~A.D. Shrum


Where did you get those sheets from? Did you just print out maneuver sheets from somewhere and laminate them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.D. Shrum
msg tools
whitescar wrote:
ADShrum wrote:
jeromek99 wrote:
I have problems with my hands as well.

This is what I use.
Mark my move with a dry-erase marker and flip them face down.

Works great!


We do this also. In addition to being easier on the fingers, this method is actually a huge help to those that have a harder time with the spatial concept of the game. Specifically -- it is a lot easier to see a ship's possible moves this way. We've founded newer people prefer this method too, especially with trickier ships like B-Wings.

~A.D. Shrum


Where did you get those sheets from? Did you just print out maneuver sheets from somewhere and laminate them?


Can't speak for Jerome, but I just scanned and cropped the maneuver grid included in every package, printed onto cardstock, then sleeved the cards in deck protectors. I uploaded sample maneuver cards for the Force Awakens set in the photos section of X-Wing a while back.

Also, I printed one maneuver card for each ship I have, plus one. Meaning I can always give my opponent reference maneuver tables for my ships (and vice versa). Again, new players find this extremely helpful, and as a board game evangelist, drawing new players in is always the goal

~A.D. Shrum
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
I'm happy to see other ways to replace the maneuver dials.

But writing is difficult for me, so I prefer my Maneuver cards.

Added 6 ships :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nno67k0e75dhnlf/xwing-maneuver-car...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.