Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kester Smith
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading through Loku's abilities, I noticed a really nice combo if you are playing with both snipers.

Here we go...

Loku spends 1xp on Scouting Report
1 Strain: Exhaust this card at the start or end of your activation to place a recon token on a crate. A hero can interact with that crate during his activation without using and action.

Mak spends 3xp on Expertise
1 Strain: Exhaust this card during your activation after you interact. Perform 1 additional action during this turn.

Then, Loku spends a strain to tag a crate next to Mak. Mak interacts with the crate for no action cost, spends a strain to gain an extra action and suddenly has three actions left to take after already grabbing a crate!

Anyone spot anything wrong with the wording that would stop this?
The only problem I can see is it means you are playing with two fairly fragile snipers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Sorenson
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No problem! The Empire will just avoid clustering enemies near crates, which is usually pretty normal anyway because those crates are usually out of the way of the objective anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good synergy but far from unbalanced. There are usually only a few out-of-the-way crates per map anyway, so you'd have to move 2 of your heroes away from objectives to do this (which is challenging if you have a time limit like most missions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of these abilities are solid on their own, and the combination seems good, but not overpowered - it does require some fairly specific movements and timing that the IP can potentially exploit. Note that you're spending 2 strain (and 4 xp) on this combo. That's similar to Gideon's Masterstroke (which is very good, bordering on overpowered). Masterstroke is much more broadly applicable, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CitizenFry wrote:
Both of these abilities are solid on their own, and the combination seems good, but not overpowered - it does require some fairly specific movements and timing that the IP can potentially exploit. Note that you're spending 2 strain (and 4 xp) on this combo. That's similar to Gideon's Masterstroke (which is very good, bordering on overpowered). Masterstroke is much more broadly applicable, though.

This is a great point. I like the combo/synergy powers that we are seeing. The game needs more of those and far fewer of the overpowered abilities like Masterstroke.

In general, it seems FFG have realized that perhaps they made some of the base set figures/abilities too powerful. The new errata just released seem to reinforce that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester Smith
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loku doesn't have to be anywhere near the crate or even in line of sight and Mak's three actions don't have to be combat but he's a sniper so should be able to get three attacks in even if he's out if the way.
Also, in my experience, we often pass right by the crate and don't spare an action to be them. Rare that we'd travel out of our way.
As someone mentioned, they are both decent abilities anyway so it's not really an over investment.

I didn't think it was game breaking, just a neat little combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.