Subject: Who wants some Settlers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Wade
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I was thinking about it, and since my wife never liked it, and it's only been played once, I want to get rid of my copy of Settlers of Catan. Now, this is not for a 3-4 player base game, but for Settlers, Settlers 5-6, Cities and Knights, and the Cities and Knights 5-6. I would prefer to trade them as a complete set to save on shipping and coordination efforts. All boxes, components, etc are in Very Good to Excellent condition, and nothing is missing.

I am not sure what I want for it, but I am very interested in a copy of Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition (the big box). I will consider other offers, but that should be a good ballpark idea of what I will consider.

Any questions, just PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Barringer
United States
Rushford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to have more of an idea of what you like. I have high doubts of you getting Twilight Imperium 3 for Settlers stuff. I have several items available for trade, but you haven't rated any games and only have Twilight Imperium on you want list. Feel free to take a gander through my trade games and make a reasonable offer, or just post more games that you would be interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Twilight Imperium, 3rd edition would be about the right valuation for this collection, considering the retail price of the set to be no less than $130 US.

Sure, the games are used, but if in excellent condition, I would value them at no less than $70, and a used copy of TI3 ought to be no more valuable than that... but I don't know what the big box goes for, either.

Anyway, I only wanted to offer a dissenting opinion about valuation of the Catan series. Although it may be readily available, it THE gateway game, and has the most broad appeal of any Eurogame I have played.

If you don't get the right offer here, sell it on Ebay. And, I would suggest selling it in two parts, dividing the Knights and Cities plus expansion from the rest. That would increase the bids on both--take it from an eBay veteran.

*pitches 2 cents into the can*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wade
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian, that is exactly what I was thinking. Big Box games are usually $80 which would basically give both 5-6 player expansions for free. But I may go the ebay route if no one is really interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.