Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically this tile:

I don't understand it. Summary reads "During Performance Phase, the performing player's Yield modifier applies to all other players in the Performance (instead of their own)." Maybe I'm reading this too literally. Should the parenthetical say "(and not their own)"? Normally don't all players' tricks receive the mod? So does this merely mean the performer doesn't get the yield modifier only the other players do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you performed on a Sunday. Normally, only your own tricks would get the +1/+1 modifier. The player on Thursday would still get any of their tricks that were performed as part of your act at -1/-1. Normally, only a player not in the Theater at all would also get the Sunday modifier.

This tile changes that to everybody. So if only Thursday and Saturday performed but a player was backstage on Sunday, everyone on Thursday's showcard would get the loss and everyone on Saturday's showcard would get no bonus/loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Clevenger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Let's say you performed on a Sunday. Normally, only your own tricks would get the +1/+1 modifier. The player on Thursday would still get any of their tricks that were performed as part of your act at -1/-1. Normally, only a player not in the Theater at all would also get the Sunday modifier.

This tile changes that to everybody. So if only Thursday and Saturday performed but a player was backstage on Sunday, everyone on Thursday's showcard would get the loss and everyone on Saturday's showcard would get no bonus/loss.

Ok, I missed the part that requires a player to actually have a character on Thursday or Sunday to get the modifier. I thought it applied to all tricks if the magician performed on one of those days.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Normally, only a player not in the Theater at all would also get the Sunday modifier.

I think you're wrong on that point, you only ever receive the modifier based on where your magician token is on stage.

Imagine this scenario (without the prophecy) :

player A on stage on thursday (-1/-1)
player B not on stage
player C on stage on friday (0/0)
player D on stage on sunday (+1/+1)

Player A performs one of his own tricks, one of B trick and one of D trick. Player A gets the -1/-1, B does not have any modifier and D gets the +1/+1

Player C performs one of his own tricks and one of D tricks: C gets no modifier and D gets the +1/+1

Player D performs one of his own tricks, one of B trick and one of A trick, he gets the +1/+1 for his own trick, B gets no modifier and A gets the -1/-1 modifier (remember: this is based on where his magician token is placed on stage)

With the prophecy you will have :

Player D performs one of his own tricks, one of B trick and one of A trick, he gets the +1/+1 for his own trick, B gets the +1/+1 modifier too thanks to the prophecy and A also gets the +1/+1 modifier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's almost but not quite right. If you have no character in the Theatre, you do get whatever modifier the performer gets. I believe that's explicitly called out in the rule book, although I don't have it to hand to point out where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
courtjus wrote:

I think you're wrong on that point, you only ever receive the modifier based on where your magician token is on stage.

From Page 17 of the Rulebook:

Quote:
If the player has no Characters at all in the Theater when his Tricks are Performed, he receives the same Yield modifiers as the performer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
That's almost but not quite right. If you have no character in the Theatre, you do get whatever modifier the performer gets. I believe that's explicitly called out in the rule book, although I don't have it to hand to point out where.

Page 17, in the box at the top of the right column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
courtjus wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Normally, only a player not in the Theater at all would also get the Sunday modifier.

Imagine this scenario (without the prophecy) :

player A on stage on thursday (-1/-1)
player B not on stage
player C on stage on friday (0/0)
player D on stage on sunday (+1/+1)

Player A performs one of his own tricks, one of B trick and one of D trick. Player A gets the -1/-1, B does not have any modifier and D gets the +1/+1

Player C performs one of his own tricks and one of D tricks: C gets no modifier and D gets the +1/+1

Player D performs one of his own tricks, one of B trick and one of A trick, he gets the +1/+1 for his own trick, B gets no modifier and A gets the -1/-1 modifier (remember: this is based on where his magician token is placed on stage)

With the prophecy you will have :

Player D performs one of his own tricks, one of B trick and one of A trick, he gets the +1/+1 for his own trick, B gets the +1/+1 modifier too thanks to the prophecy and A also gets the +1/+1 modifier

from the rules:
If the player has no Characters at
all in the Theater when his Tricks are Performed, he receives the
same Yield modifiers as the performer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghislain LEVEQUE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok well.... my bad :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.