5 Posts

Splendor» Forums » General

Subject: Where can I buy this game with the old artwork? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
I just downloaded this game on my iPad the other day (was on sale for 99 cents). I've quickly fallen in love with this game and I could see me playing it 2P with various family members -- quite often.

Anyways, I went to go buy it from Amazon and all they appear to have is Splendor with some new artwork (tan curved border on the left side), which I personally find atrocious compared to the old artwork -- even the nobles have the wrong shape for the colors (circles instead of rectangles). I really will not purchase this game with the new artwork. They really need to switch back. (This is just my personal opinion so please don't take any offense).

SO anyone know where I can buy it with the old artwork? If I am forced to buy the new artwork version, I"ll be forced to spend many hours retheming it, printing it, cutting them out, sleeving etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
There is no "new" artwork.

The picture you see on Asmodee's website and Amazon are of an in-development version that existed before the game was ever published.

The publisher has used those pictures in advertising by mistake. I have informed Asmodee several times and they've done nothing to fix this.

Previous threads on the topic:
* New Splendor Cards. Help
* Anyone know where I can still buy the First Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
OH wow, thanks. Yeah they really do need to fix this.. well at least in my case they almost lost a sale because of it.

Gonna buy it now. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
I just edited my reply because it was unclear. What you refer to as "new" artwork is actually old prototype art.

I've tried contacting Asmodee again, pointing them at this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. It looks like the costs of the patrons changed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.