Subject: CTF rules clarification about weapons and other stuff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrey fedoseyev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as far as it indicated in rules you loose your weapon if during attack if there are any bullet icon on dices devil

So let's look a closer look at this moment.
You standing on a weapon. You fired once and made guard order.
When opposing forces turn begun you fire and loose your weapon and guard order!!!
later on your other marine on your team placed a guard order again (special marine card ability).
And again on next opposing force you want to fire.
so here is the question
Is it possible to fire from the same weapon on which you are standing, or you will receive it when your turn will begin?

In other ways does bullet icon during your attack phase causes you to drop weapon if you standing on the icon of that weapon on the map???

it could be other example which is also should be cleared.you stand on roccket. maked attack and placed guard order. during opposing force turn you fire and loose your weapon. and opposing force can collect the last weapon from pool
or it's impossible for them?

btw
a very good tactical moment.
you make attack and place guard order. So you will kill opposing Marine during HIS turn. So He will loose 2 turns instead of one. This one when he killed and done nothing. And second when he is just looses it by the rules
I'm i right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dima Nemchenko
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
Andrey, the way I read the rules, you loose 1 *ammo* when you roll a bullet. Then you have to roll again -- if you roll *another* bullet, the weapon breaks as well.

So:
- roll 1 bullet -- loose ammo
- roll 2 bullets in a row -- loose ammo *and* weapon

HTH,

Dima

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrey fedoseyev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dima,
privet

I'm talking only about CTF and DM rules, where when you pick up a wepaon you don't pick up ammo:
"ammo is not used in deathmatch
play. Instead, if a bullet icon is rolled, discard the
weapon token used to make the attack"

So still have the same question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrey fedoseyev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To pick up a weapon costs 0 movement, BUT during your GUARD order, you can make only 1 attack not a movement....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dima Nemchenko
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
Oh, sorry I only have the base boardgame, not the expansion pack! Izvini

But, from the way I understand thes Deathmatch rules, you can only pick up a weapon during your "movement" phase, and that won't happen until that Marine's next turn soblue

Dima

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrey fedoseyev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's the point i wanted to be clarified... Cause it's could be understood in two ways... Such as take weapon cost 0 movement point. Could it possible to take weapon during unload...
so it's needed to be cleared...

Cause in other topics for example about adrenaline, it's said that unload means that you make 2 attacks and with adreneline you can move 4 points.
So it's better to read like you just don't have action points to do this...
so still need it to be clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrey fedoseyev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and still no answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dima Nemchenko
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
Well, I've chipped in my 2 kopeiks laugh -- I'd play it as you need to spend movement points to pick it up, so you can't do it "out of turn."

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think picking up a weapon is a 'movement action' - it just happens to be an action that costs 0 movement points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrey fedoseyev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can write you two points from rules where it could be tractated in other way....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.