United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am pleased to announce that Trove: The Crystal Caverns has been selected to appear in the PAX: South TabletopIndie Showcase. I will be at the convention promoting and demonstrating Trove: The Crystal Caverns with the other games chosen for the Showcase. The convention will be on January 29-31, 2016 in San Antonio Texas. Please stop by for a demonstration or just to say hi!

To read more about PAX: South and the other games in the showcase please visit:
http://south.paxsite.com/psis

I will also be appearing at Con of the North in February. Con of the North:
http://www.conofthenorth.org/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Dabard
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend and I both backed Trove during it's Kickstarter, and attended PAX South together. We met Patrick, as well as the game's artist at the indie showcase, and they were kind enough to play a full run through of the game with us, providing helpful explanations, and beating on my buddy's knight. The Cave role was tricky but fun, having to balance helping the others without letting them become too powerful, while baiting them to go where you want them.

I knew that the game was something special from the KS pitch, and playing it in person did not disappoint. Really looking forward to getting my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
Jephque wrote:
A friend and I both backed Trove during it's Kickstarter, and attended PAX South together. We met Patrick, as well as the game's artist at the indie showcase, and they were kind enough to play a full run through of the game with us, providing helpful explanations, and beating on my buddy's knight. The Cave role was tricky but fun, having to balance helping the others without letting them become too powerful, while baiting them to go where you want them.

I knew that the game was something special from the KS pitch, and playing it in person did not disappoint. Really looking forward to getting my copy.

Welcome, Jephque. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm looking forward to playing the game. (Get yourself a couple microbadges to start dressing up your username.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We went to PAX: South 2016 this last weekend. I was almost always busy the entire time the Exhibitor Hall was open. I saw a lot of great games in the rest of the showcase you should check them out. I really enjoyed meeting with the backers that came and asked for demos, but I also saw a lot of fresh faces which was really exciting to me.

The photos below show the game being played and my presence at PAX. All games are prototypes provided by Print and Play. I am really impressed with their turnaround time and quality.

I don’t know of anyone that got up and said they wouldn’t play again. Everyone was excited to discuss how they could play their role better or how they would like to try a different role next game. I saw many smiles as players realized how involved interacting with the other players was going to be. We also got some great feedback which we are currently processing through the suggestions.

Thanks everyone that could make it! I really enjoyed myself, even if I am still recovering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.