calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i've played with all basic characters all the 33 scenarios (in solo play), but now i'm going to reboot the game with a friend, and i want to choose a new character from the character add-on (amiri, lini, seelah and sajan).

my friend has chosen kyra.

what team mate would you recommend me, from this four characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lini.

For me the best of them all in your choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Lini, I am having a lot of fun playing her in our current game. Her reveal an animal for +1d4 to any check power is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sajan. You can never go wrong with Sajan. He's loaded with blessings. Play them with abandon and have Kyra heal them back for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't do Lini. You already have one divine caster; you probably don't need another.

Sajan is good. Most of the other characters in the set are actually decent with Kyra, since she can heal a whole lot. Pick one that makes up for her deficiencies (IIRC, Dexterity and maybe Charisma?).

Lem is the greatest ever, though. He is like table salt - he goes well with just about everything, which is why it's on the table all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would avoid Lini[1] or Seelah in this case, because as Calthaer said, you already have a divine spellcaster. Especially since you have played a lot, and assuming this other person hasn't, it would be nice for them to feel special. Plus it's not ideal to be competing for the same boons.

I would guess that Sajan would make for a stronger duo, but it seems like Amiri would be a fine choice too.

[1] One of my 2.5 campaigns was as Lini, and I agree she is an amazing powerhouse in a tiny package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks all you for your replies.

finally, i will chose sajan. his dexterity complements the low dexterity of kyra.

i suppose i will play with lini as solo gamer, she looks amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first runthrough of this game was with Kyra and Valeros. I enjoyed it a lot. Sure I chose it because that's how I usually approach new RPG-games thinking that the Fighter is the "basic" easy to play for a first time hero, and we always need a healer.
What I ended up with was a love for this game that have made me buy everything so far.

But really, I would recommend to choose a character that seems like fun for you to play. You should manage to beat the game with any two heroes. And Kyra is a bad ass healer so she's going to have your back anyway

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Richter
United States
Oakley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had great success using Kyra & Lini as a party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.