Keydom» Forums » General

Subject: Key series print and play project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year me and Kevin In Kansas worked on a project to make print and play kits for old Splotter games (see here https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1281571/old-splotter-games-... ). We have some of those games, so we asked permission to Splotter and, after they gave us the authorization, we made print and play kits (published here on bgg), so that people now can create copies of Splotter old and now unfindable games (we also managed to get scans of games we don't have, to complete the project!).

Could someone that has the rare and oop Key series games (like Keywood, Keydom, Keytown and maybe even Keymarket) ask a similar permission to Richard Breese and make pnp kits scanning the components and rules and publish them here on bgg? It would be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would I ruin the value of my rare and OOP games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:

Do you feel authorized PnP would do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends from your point of view.
I have D'raf and Beest that are rare Splotter games. When Joris gave me and Kevin the authorization I was happy to make a pnp kit of these games and share them with people who wanted to play them and cannot because of the rarity. When people helped me and Kevin, and we realized kit of games like Chameleo Chameleo, Gossip, Web and Kiek I was happy to have the chance of playing them.

If your feeling is "if I give you the scan of my copy, it will lost value", simply ignore this project. The spirit is "share with other something I like" and obviously clashes with "I have a precious thing and I want it for myself and to have the max value as possible".

Anyway, I wrote to Richard asking what he thinks about, if he doesn't give authorization nothing will be made. And nothing will be made also if he gives authorization, but noone who possess the game will want to scan them to create pnp kits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Great Dane wrote:

Do you feel authorized PnP would do that?

Probably. But I have no say, as I don't hold the copyright

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slightly Alive
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:

Because the "value" of a game should be the entertainment it provides to people playing it. But enjoy your box.

Cool on Splotter for allowing the PnPs, so people can actually play something they're interested in despite the low print runs. I'd love to see Mr. Breese do the same. (I'd also love to see reprints so I could just buy a professionally produced copy at a reasonable price.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joris an Jeroen are amazing! They told us that they won't reprint their old vhs boxed games, but that they are happy that there is interest in their old work, so they thought that the pnp project was a good idea and they gave us authorization to create pnp kits of all the titles that they surely will not reprint (this is why Bus was not in the project, they hope to reprint it :) ). Me and Kevin have some of these games and we did pnp kits for them, after that we asked here on Bgg and fortunately there were some people who had these rare games and were not worried to lose value in making pnp kits available. To be honest, I would love to buy reprints or to get original copies, but at least with pnp copies it is possible to play impossible to find games!

I hope that Richard feels the same about games that he knows he won't reprint, and that someone who has these games will be interested in the project. Let's see what happens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.