Senor EvilMonkey
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
In the end I had to buy three copies of Mega Mania angry

Why I hear you cry?! Because the first two arrived on my doorstep in minty minty condition, unpunched and ever so shiny. This is all very lovely if you're a mad hoarder, but if you're a mad hoarder who also wants to play the game it means wrapping the first two lovelies up carefully and buying another copy...

Finally I found my third copy (mercifully punched, but strangely unused) in a copy of Block Mania (it's inclusion wasn't mentioned in the eBay listing but spotted it in the picture!) But it still leaves me wondering why there appears to be loads of unused copies of Mega Mania floating around?

WHY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Warren
United States
Temecula
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it, and I recommend it. You think the mayhem is good with two blocks, try it with three or four. I recently dug this one out of my closet to convert it for computer play online. With animations and sound, it makes for a very quick violent game to play with my old buddies. We used to play it in college, and I want to do that again.

The question is, how many is too much? Mega-mega mania suggests taking the number past four, but I'm thinking that might get too insane. Also, how do you handle blocks that have toppled blocks on either side? I mean, you aren't allowed to enter those boards, so do you just sit around and wait for the Judge to arrive?

Try it, you'll like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to buy a copy but ebay has none for sale. You selling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warrenra8 wrote:
I've played it, and I recommend it. You think the mayhem is good with two blocks, try it with three or four. I recently dug this one out of my closet to convert it for computer play online. With animations and sound, it makes for a very quick violent game to play with my old buddies. We used to play it in college, and I want to do that again.

The question is, how many is too much? Mega-mega mania suggests taking the number past four, but I'm thinking that might get too insane. Also, how do you handle blocks that have toppled blocks on either side? I mean, you aren't allowed to enter those boards, so do you just sit around and wait for the Judge to arrive?

Try it, you'll like it!

Players whose buildings have collapsed can still activate all their guys in other buildings until those guys are dead. Then it's kind of pointless to roll for command but they can still draw a card and play Hazards cards on others until the Judges arrive. You could add a house rule to allow those players to play the KLEGGS! card and introduce the new Kleggs either in non-collapsed buildings (at random) or on a tween block plaza square of the collapsed player's building.

Blockers can still move across the rubble of the Tween-Block Plazas and across the ground-level collapsed building squares at the usual higher movement cost.

Remember that Mega-mania takes 8 cards per player out of the initial MegaMania deck - and everyone draws a mandatory card at the end of their turn...so it isn't long before the Judges arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Block Mania, but haven't played it in Years. I always wanted to try Mega Mega Mega Mania, but never picked up a second copy. Maybe it's time to hunt eBay!

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xombe wrote:

Remember that Mega-mania takes 8 cards per player out of the initial MegaMania deck - and everyone draws a mandatory card at the end of their turn...so it isn't long before the Judges arrive.

???

My mega-mania rulebook says to take 12 cards out for a 3 player game and 6 cards out for a 4 player game. I don't see anything about per player.

Where am I missing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.