Si Barnes
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've been after this promo for ages and a few trades have fallen through so I was wondering if anyone has a copy that they would be happy to sell? There's some of eBay for $95, which seems ridiculously overpriced but maybe I'm wrong.

Best regards

Si
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I have all promos and additional content for Robinson Crusoe, but I've intentionally not chased after this one for one very simple reason: it is not thematic, at all.

If you're collector that wants to have even non-thematic items for a game, then I can understand why you're looking for it, but if you're expecting this to add to the game itself, then it really won't. I would never play that character, neither would my gaming group that likes theme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkatron5000 wrote:
Hi,

I've been after this promo for ages and a few trades have fallen through so I was wondering if anyone has a copy that they would be happy to sell? There's some of eBay for $95, which seems ridiculously overpriced but maybe I'm wrong.

Best regards

Si

That's crazy. No short term plans to get these back out there, but there may be a way to acquire it in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William the Fool
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
That's crazy. No short term plans to get these back out there, but there may be a way to acquire it in the future.
Would Portal be allowed to reprint it themselves at some point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masque28 wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
Would Portal be allowed to reprint it themselves at some point?

I certainly wouldn't try to stop it. I would encourage it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up that you can now obtain this promo through the newly launched Patreon campaign for Drive Thru Review:

https://www.patreon.com/drivethrureview
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si Barnes
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm onboard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkatron5000 wrote:
I'm onboard!

Hey Si,

Just wanted to double check that you received my message on Patreon.

I want to make sure folks realize that the promos unlock at the $600 level, and people don't contribute $10.00 now expecting a promo next month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.