Popular Tags: [View All]
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out how many Mantic Points I should have gotten for this Kickstarter. They implied that if we "went big" with this then we should have enough to get the 15 point exclusive Legendary Mortibris figure. I'm pretty sure I "went big" considering I got just about everything offered in the Kickstarter but I'm only counting up 14 points. I'm curious if I'm missing any points somewhere and where to look for them. If there are no other Kickstarter items they gave out points for and 14 is the points possible (without simply buying multiples of the same expansion) then that seems pretty misleading to imply you could get enough by going big with the Kickstarter alone.

Dungeon Saga main game: 4 points
The Warlord of Galahir: 2 points
The Infernal Crypts: 2 points
The Tyrant of Halpi: 2 points
The Return of Valandor: 2 points
Adventure's Companion: 2 points

Are there any points I'm missing? Shouldn't The Black Fortress include 2 points since it was a 25 dollar expansion just like the others? If not, the honestly if you ask me, that seems like the least they could do for passing that off as a full priced expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, even the paint sets with the plastic box, figure, and Army Painter colors had those. Mars Attacks had them also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TazarYoot wrote:
They implied that if we "went big" with this then we should have enough to get the 15 point exclusive Legendary Mortibris figure.

Did they? I was under the impression that it wasn't possible to get it with the KS goodies alone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I order all the saw items . Where are the points located . I hope I didn't toss them out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
I order all the saw items . Where are the points located . I hope I didn't toss them out

The points are on the flipside of the deck id cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
TazarYoot wrote:
They implied that if we "went big" with this then we should have enough to get the 15 point exclusive Legendary Mortibris figure.

Did they? I was under the impression that it wasn't possible to get it with the KS goodies alone...

I think this is accurate. From what I remember they said they would throw in enough to get you very close. Not that I care, I would rather add another unit of undead for KoW with all my points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been scanning the updates for the KS and I don't see where they said you would definitely have enough points for Mortibris. I want him, too, and also only have 14 points (even though I bought a boatload of add-on minis), but I think I'm going to have to buy something else first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VixenTorGames wrote:
I have been scanning the updates for the KS and I don't see where they said you would definitely have enough points for Mortibris. I want him, too, and also only have 14 points (even though I bought a boatload of add-on minis), but I think I'm going to have to buy something else first.

Update 79 quote

Mantic Points
Perhaps you have heard that the retail release is getting an exclusive Legendary Mortibris figure? It might look like the only way for our backers to get it is to have to buy the game again on pre-order.

Mantic doesn’t do that kind of thing, so what gives? Well the chances are you can maybe already claim this mini free of charge!
That’s because we have started giving away mantic points with the KS – not all of them, and not on everything but certainly on the big boxed sets. So now you can add those to the ones you have collected from purchases in stores and online and claim free rewards. You just pay for the shipping (or if you come to a show or Open day you can claim them right there!!!)
If you went big on the KS you might already have enough points to get Mortibris, and if you are a few short – well we all need a good reason for another set of dungeon furniture or a few werewolves right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Kerrigan
England
flag msg tools
I managed to persuade a retailer to sell me one at a con for £5 when they were packing up.

The druid and air spirit for 25 points looks nice tho. Did the Dwarf Hold games have Mantic Points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
TazarYoot wrote:
VixenTorGames wrote:

Update 79 quote

Mantic Points
Perhaps you have heard that the retail release is getting an exclusive Legendary Mortibris figure? It might look like the only way for our backers to get it is to have to buy the game again on pre-order.

Mantic doesn’t do that kind of thing, so what gives? Well the chances are you can maybe already claim this mini free of charge!
That’s because we have started giving away mantic points with the KS – not all of them, and not on everything but certainly on the big boxed sets. So now you can add those to the ones you have collected from purchases in stores and online and claim free rewards. You just pay for the shipping (or if you come to a show or Open day you can claim them right there!!!)
If you went big on the KS you might already have enough points to get Mortibris, and if you are a few short – well we all need a good reason for another set of dungeon furniture or a few werewolves right?

Ah, I just dug that up for you on the KS comments as well. As you can see, they pretty clearly said that you would need to buy something else (bolded above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skerrigan wrote:
I managed to persuade a retailer to sell me one at a con for £5 when they were packing up.

The druid and air spirit for 25 points looks nice tho. Did the Dwarf Hold games have Mantic Points?

I just found some old stock of the Dwarve's Hold Dungeon Monsters pack, they included Mantic points, and were on clearance pretty cheap at a FLGS.

Pretty much anything on their web site has points too. Might want to confirm if the description doesn't say so (but most of them do), but I always get points with my KoW stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I just read it a bit differently and took it as though if you bought everything in the kickstarter you will have enough... if you skipped on some stuff you may be a few short but hey you can always make a purchase to get yourself the last point or 2. All that said I do think its a little obnoxious that the Black Fortress expansion doesn't include any points. I feel like that ended up being a big enough rip off as is, and making it the only expansion that didn't come with points either is just adding insult to injury lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TBH, I thought the black fortress looked like a ripoff from the word go. Pretty happy with the campaign myself, but I steered clear of all the extras that were enhancements - extra tiles, resin upgrades, extra dice, token upgrades, etc. All that stuff is always crap, from anyone. I did nab the Crypt Stalkers addon, because that's an insane deal, especially as an undead KoW player. Should've done more but I don't really need that many Werewolves (9 should do). Especially since they threw in extra mummies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play KoW and anything I'd buy from their store would cost me a ton to ship.

...Anyone looking to trade away about 2 Mantic points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that may be the best route to go seeing I don't play KoW either, please reach out to me if anyone out there wants to trade away a single Mantic Point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I do have to say that I like the resin hearts and bone piles. I'm using them when I play and I'm super happy I picked them up. I'm glad I passed on the ugly traps, though.

I may have an extra point or two in Dreadball. That would be put me over the 15 I need - though I still have to pay postage to send them to the UK, then shipping from the UK to get the mini back here, so I will probably pass until I decide to actually buy something from Mantic.

Which I'm honestly not that likely to do. I have Dreadball but never play it, so Dungeon Saga is the only Mantic game I play - and I backed at the 'get everything' level so it will likely be a few years before they're releasing anything I actually want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.