Subject: 3.0 expansions in 2.5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Am I able to incorporate 3.0 expansions into my 2.5? The only difference is cardboard thickness and art?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
This is a very frequently asked question; as the game's BGG Description correctly notes:

Note: All armies in all versions across the years are functionally compatible! The only differences between armies from e.g. 3.0 and 2.5 (or whatever) are art & graphic design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
russ wrote:
This is a very frequently asked question; as the game's BGG Description correctly notes:

Note: All armies in all versions across the years are functionally compatible! The only differences between armies from e.g. 3.0 and 2.5 (or whatever) are art & graphic design.

The one place I didn't look...

Well I'm sure I could have found it on page 2 or 3 if I had done my due diligence, but thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
All editions, from 1.0 to 3.0, are compatible rules-wise. There were just a couple of minor rules adjustments in 3.0 - settling draws and mulligans, and I actually recommend using updated rules for these even if you have a copy of an older edition; simply download the PDF rules for that.

Also, each army is composed of the same units across all editions, the only exceptions being one tile being different in the Borgo army in 2.0 (which was a misprint, fixed in 2.5), and Doomsday Machine being redesigned more substantially in 3.0 (but it's always been a bonus army, and is the only official army not legal in tournaments).

This also means that you can actually have two copies of the same army from different editions fight each other.

Also, as far as carboard thickness is concerned, recent prints of 2.5 expansions have the same thickness as 3.0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.