Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, does this mean they have resolved issues with Donald?

I guess I'm asking, Hey Donald X., are you good with Queen, can I back this KS without feeling guilty, or is this one going to fall apart like the first one did?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw in a dollar to raise this topic on the KS comments.

Without a statement directly from Donald X., this Kickstarter should certainly be avoided (or badgered).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to know that as well, although personally I am not going to back anyway because I already have the extra Queenie expansions so there is zero incentive for me to back. All I am doing if I back is buying the expansion at MSRP and getting it at the same time the stores are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:
I would love to know that as well, although personally I am not going to back anyway because I already have the extra Queenie expansions so there is zero incentive for me to back. All I am doing if I back is buying the expansion at MSRP and getting it at the same time the stores are.

With the original, I would have backed for everything, but since then I have bought everything, so I'm in the same boat as you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't Kickstarter (never have before), but I hope this does mean that they've worked out the contractual issues (and DXV got paid!) so that this can make it to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this was posted as an update to the Escape Big Box kickstater:
Quote:
We have found an agreement with Donald X. Vaccarino to publish the third boxed expansion for Kingdom Builder – Marshlands. Now, we have launched the new Kickstarter campaign for Kingdom Builder – Marshlands, by Donald X. Vaccarino.

So it appears they have a deal with DXV.

Still, will probably just get this when it comes out via retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
burke4865 wrote:

With the original, I would have backed for everything, btu since then I have bought everything, so I'm in the same boat as you!

In the comments now Queen has stated that the MSRP will be $40. So given the typical Coolstuffinc discount and $8 shipping the price comes out to about $35. So if I back now or wait for the store I will be paying essentially the same price.

Here's hoping they start adding pledge levels to get some extras beyond the game and queenies, like an empty big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:
shadow9d9 wrote:
burke4865 wrote:

With the original, I would have backed for everything, btu since then I have bought everything, so I'm in the same boat as you!

In the comments now Queen has stated that the MSRP will be $40. So given the typical Coolstuffinc discount and $8 shipping the price comes out to about $35. So if I back now or wait for the store I will be paying essentially the same price.

Here's hoping they start adding pledge levels to get some extras beyond the game and queenies, like an empty big box.

People still pay for shipping? : P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:
So, does this mean they have resolved issues with Donald?

I have in fact signed a new contract with Queen for the 3rd and 4th KB expansions, that Addresses Some Issues. So I expect they will both come out although the future is as always unknowable.

And they told me the Marshlands kickstarter would be happening soon and then that it would be today and here it is.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any clue what language this expansion is in? Is it English only? In that case, I'll definitely pass as that doesn't really fit in with my Big Box (I use the Dutch cards from that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming the new contract, Donald.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
4th! 4th! 4th! 4th!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:

Good luck with getting a Queen KS game the same time as retail, the retail stores tend to have it earlier; you've been warned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L G
Portugal
Coimbra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:

I too was looking forward for a pledge level which would include an empty big box like last time.

Do you guys have any idea if the components of this expansion would fit in a big box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seleucus wrote:
burke4865 wrote:

I too was looking forward for a pledge level which would include an empty big box like last time.

Do you guys have any idea if the components of this expansion would fit in a big box?

They added to the FAQ section that it will indeed fit in the Big Box box with everything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do they not have a pledge level for people who bought the big box at retail? Seems ridiculous. (one that comes with the Island, and Marshlands, but nothing else)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
It was going to be $60 Canadian, paid in January, to get just the retail expansion delivered in July.

I pledged briefly, but got better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
How do they not have a pledge level for people who bought the big box at retail? Seems ridiculous. (one that comes with the Island, and Marshlands, but nothing else)

You could just buy the Island here, then pledge for Marshlands if you wanted. http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/kingdom-builder-queen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
burke4865 wrote:
seleucus wrote:
burke4865 wrote:

They added to the FAQ section that it will indeed fit in the Big Box box with everything else

Everything so far (without Marshlands) fits in the original box for the base game! But I think Marshlands will end that for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything in the original box with the expansion boxes tossed. Marshlands will be tough to fit in.

I'm attracted to the differently shaped huts but it isn't going to happen for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
They said Marshland components will fit inside the big box

Donald X said there is a 4th expansion that may come in the future so who knows if that one would also fit in the big box

I'm all for big boxes, but am a bit puzzled why there often is an new expansion released after the big box.
Alhambra: The Falconers came after the Alhambra big box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
belial1134 wrote:

I'm all for big boxes, but am a bit puzzled why there often is an new expansion released after the big box.

...why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad this is coming again, but even more glad that Donald is happy with the new contract. thumbsup

I might wait until the retail edition is out since I don't feel a burning need for the custom wooden pieces, but I'm sure I'll buy it eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very tempted to back this one. But the last time I preordered a nomads from queen it was in stores a couple weeks before I got my copy and queen never responded to my emails.
So I will just wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to end in tears.

Good luck DXV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.