Push the Limit 3
BB-8 2
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 37

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18
Twin Laser Turret 6
R2 Astromech 1
Ship Total: 25

T-70 x wings make me twitch with excitement. Now here is the question based on the meta and all that is good and pure... how good is this list, Im not sold on the gold squadron pilot but at 25 points im not sure what else...maybe a pair of bandit squadrons? Not sure.

Also I feel like bb8 belongs on asty and so the left over targeting astromech by default went on poe... bb8 would have gone to poe but with astys ability to move+free barrel roll+ white talon roll+ push the limit boost (or whatever ptl action is needed) She is literally never in a bad spot...makes me giggle) Poe would therefore prefer r2d2 I think since hes not getting bb8 with her around.

My only other idea is to maybe find the point for r2 to replace targeting astromech on poe...(I would be dropping the r2 astromech on the y wing but im 1 point short...sigh)

Please suggestions , comments, concerns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Garman
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gold squad is fine, but I'm not sold on the two T-70 builds.

Ello's ability doesn't play well with Push the Limit, since PtL will give stress that deactivates Ello's ability until Ello does a green maneuver. You'd probably get a lot more use out of Predator, which is always on and doesn't give any stress. BB-8 is a fun option that doesn't really synergize with the pilot ability, but it makes your movement less predictable so it could work.

Targeting Astromech doesn't synergize well with either Push the Limit or Poe's ability. Poe really wants to do green or white maneuvers so he can get a focus action, and you can't do red maneuvers the turn after you use PtL. Targeting Astro is ok for a bonus when you really want to take a red maneuver, but you'd probably get more use out of a shield regen droid (R5-P9 or R2-D2) or the Push the Limit / BB-8 combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why the targeting astromech... he kinda sucks.

Poe wants regen..R2-D2 or R5-P9. Also I dont like stressing out the t-70 and with all the extra stress running around these days i think your taking a chance with getting multi stressed. Not to mention that VI poe is an awesome Ace hunter.

I would want Ello moving last so I would rather see him VI on him too. You wont get to use bb-8's ability at the same time as Ello's so I dont think the synergy lines up.

the gold with TLT is the most solid addition to this list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris sabiston
msg tools
radfordblue wrote:
The Gold squad is fine, but I'm not sold on the two T-70 builds.

Ello's ability doesn't play well with Push the Limit, since PtL will give stress that deactivates Ello's ability until Ello does a green maneuver. You'd probably get a lot more use out of Predator, which is always on and doesn't give any stress. BB-8 is a fun option that doesn't really synergize with the pilot ability, but it makes your movement less predictable so it could work.

Targeting Astromech doesn't synergize well with either Push the Limit or Poe's ability. Poe really wants to do green or white maneuvers so he can get a focus action, and you can't do red maneuvers the turn after you use PtL. Targeting Astro is ok for a bonus when you really want to take a red maneuver, but you'd probably get more use out of a shield regen droid (R5-P9 or R2-D2) or the Push the Limit / BB-8 combo.

Poe Dameron ...and friends (100)

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 31
Push the Limit 3
BB-8 2
Autothrusters 2
Ship Total: 38

Ello Asty — T-70 X-Wing 30
Wingman 2
R2-D2 4
Autothrusters 2

Twin Laser Turret 6
Ship Total: 24

So I adjusted a few things, found the points for r2d2 on asty and switched out push the limit, predator would have been good but im one point short so wingman helps because of the y wings red manuvers and the stress from poes PTL. Seems good on paper.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a very casual game last night. My opponent flew a decked out Scum Slave with Emom + Andrasta + 3 different bombs + Gunner + Unhinged and Kavil's Y-Wing with TLT. My squad was simple with Poe + R2D2 + PTL, Asty + R5-P9, and Dutch's Y with TLT. It was close for most of the game but I won in the end with both T70s still flying. The astro's shield regeneration capability really did it enough for me to take the win I'd say. Very casual but we both had a good time.

BTW - (N)asty's white T-Roll came in handy a couple times!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris sabiston
msg tools
Hmmm Wedge Antilles is still good especially with all the arc dodgers people fly to counter turrets with autothrusters. Dang decisions decisions.

I could fly Wedge w/ VI, R2d2 and Engine upgrade. 38 pts.

To replace Asty. But Wedge isnt in a t70...sigh. Not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not sure about wingman, pulling off the stress from POE sounds good but:

1, staying at rng 1 of him will be tough and 2, he needs to do greens to trigger bb-8 so typically Poe will clear his stress from PTL himself.

i.e.

Reveal green move
Barrel Roll with BB-8. PTL something else (usually boost or focus)
Take stress from PTL.
Execute Green move (clears stress)
Take 3rd action.

I really think Predator or VI are better on him.

Wedge is also good with bb-8 PTL and integrated astromech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris sabiston
msg tools
malloc wrote:
Still not sure about wingman, pulling off the stress from POE sounds good but:

1, staying at rng 1 of him will be tough and 2, he needs to do greens to trigger bb-8 so typically Poe will clear his stress from PTL himself.

i.e.

Reveal green move
Barrel Roll with BB-8. PTL something else (usually boost or focus)
Take stress from PTL.
Execute Green move (clears stress)
Take 3rd action.

I really think Predator or VI are better on him.

Wedge is also good with bb-8 PTL and integrated astromech.

I agree with all you've said but...

What you would need to keep in mind here is we are coming to the wire with points. I dont have space for more than a 2 point elite talent so Predator is out unless I sacrifice elsewhere. It could be a different 2 point talent, im not married to it.

So are you saying I should not have PTL on Poe? And that you prefer VI/Predator on HIM? I am a little confused... or were you referring to Asty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give him VI then its 1 pt... its still better for his moving last with those white talon rolls and then having the option to boost for a shot.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris sabiston
msg tools
Ok. I see now. so something more like this...

Poe Dameron ...and friends(100)

Push the Limit 3
BB-8 2
Autothrusters 2

Twin Laser Turret 6
R2 Astromech 1
Ship Total: 25

Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Autothrusters 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It this

Rebel testing (100)

Poe Dameron (37)
Veteran Instincts (1), R5-P9 (3), Autothrusters (2)

Ello Asty (37)
Veteran Instincts (1), R2-D2 (4), Autothrusters (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (26)
Twin Laser Turret (6), R3-A2 (2), BTL-A4 Y-wing (0)

Poe and Ello will move last and regen and the y-wing will double stress their target or create and large no fly zone in front of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Gardner
msg tools
mb
I dont think I'd put R2 on Atsy since I'd probably be doing mostly white moves, especially that nice white talon roll. If I HAD to put a droid on him I'd go with R5-X3 just in case I tallon roll through an asteroid or something or even R5P9. I agree with predator being a good Elite for him. If your looking to skim points then strip the droid off the y wing. It's nice but not needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claes Lucas
msg tools
I fly

100 Points

Poe Dameron (31)
R5-P9 (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)

Ello Asty (30)
R2-D2 (4)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Green Squadron Pilot (19)
A-wing Test Pilot (0)
Chardann Refit (-2)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Wired (1)

I try putting Push the limit on Poe And VI on Ello And try switching the Astros 2 and it depends on what you meet.
Think 2 reg ships i very good, my Poe has been shieldless and reg it so the have to kill hin 2-3 times thast an extra 3-9 shields

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Gardner
msg tools
mb
If you want both regen droids in your list I would advise putting r5p9 on atsy simply because you dont want to lock yourself out of that white tallon roll. Yes the droid synergizes better with poe but the other way both ships get reliable dual use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claes Lucas
msg tools
Yes you are right im switching between the 2 and

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris sabiston
msg tools
Veteran Instincts 1
R5-P9 3
Autothrusters 2

Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Autothrusters 2

Twin Laser Turret 6
R3-A2 2
Ship Total: 26

I prefer this, both can regen, poe always has a focus obviously, VI lets him go first unless facing vader and that really helps. Asty has r2d2 so if your not talon rolling you are regening shields, trust me your opponent will hate this. Stress hog just to make your opponents day that much worse. This list makes me giggle every time I fly it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.