Subject: Finding games for sale (UK) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Am I right in thinking that any games for sale / auction would either be found by the Marketplace or on the GeekBay forum?

I'm often looking for second-hand titles on sale in the UK. At the moment I've bookmarked a link that searches the GeekBay forum for threads with UK in the title, but this doesn't seem to get updated very often. It's quite likely it could just be that there isn't much for sale, but thought I'd check in case I was missing something obvious.

Are sales often started straight with GeekLists with no related thread in the GeekBay forum? If so, is there any easy way to find these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try ebay, it's where I tend to sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good suggestion, I do keep an eye on there! But sometimes I like to browse what's on offer to see if anything catches my eye, a bit harder to do on ebay because of the amount of items on sale!

It may be that there isn't much on here for UK sales, just wondering if I'm getting the most of out of the site of if there's hidden gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find auction geeklists a few different ways, one of those is Geekbay. You might also want to subscribe to the Metalist for Geeklist Auctions

Links at the top here:

GeekList auction

and bookmark this page

http://bggauctions.workingasintended.com/auctions/

which shows games for sale, and their location
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
You can find auction geeklists a few different ways, one of those is Geekbay. You might also want to subscribe to the Metalist for Geeklist Auctions

Links at the top here:

GeekList auction

and bookmark this page

http://bggauctions.workingasintended.com/auctions/

which shows games for sale, and their location

That's very helpful, thanks, especially the second link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PirateKitten wrote:
Am I right in thinking that any games for sale / auction would either be found by the Marketplace or on the GeekBay forum?

I'm often looking for second-hand titles on sale in the UK. At the moment I've bookmarked a link that searches the GeekBay forum for threads with UK in the title, but this doesn't seem to get updated very often. It's quite likely it could just be that there isn't much for sale, but thought I'd check in case I was missing something obvious.

Are sales often started straight with GeekLists with no related thread in the GeekBay forum? If so, is there any easy way to find these?

If you use facebook, try the group "Roleplaying and Board Games for Sale UK & EU ONLY!" Very active community there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to GeekMarket sales originating in the UK
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/browse?sort=recent#...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uisge Beatha
Scotland
flag msg tools
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
badge
Independence Referendum - 18 September 2014 - 84.7% turnout
mb

Impressed that it picks up Scots and English as well as UK flags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
blue_rain wrote:
PirateKitten wrote:

If you use facebook, try the group "Roleplaying and Board Games for Sale UK & EU ONLY!" Very active community there

+1 to this. That group has 4,500 users currently and games get posted for sale pretty much every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
blue_rain wrote:

Thanks for this! Have joined and it's VERY active, great to see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Plocica
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys, I have been trying to find the"Roleplaying and Board Games for Sale UK & EU ONLY!" group on fb, but it does not pop up in my search. I found somewhere a direct link to the group but I get errors when trying to open. Is the group still active? Or maybe its secret? (;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rain
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtraPanthera wrote:
Hi guys, I have been trying to find the"Roleplaying and Board Games for Sale UK & EU ONLY!" group on fb, but it does not pop up in my search. I found somewhere a direct link to the group but I get errors when trying to open. Is the group still active? Or maybe its secret? (;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RpgUK/
Does this work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lára Pétursdóttir
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So my friend added me to the group 'roleplaying and board games for sale UK and EU only' almost a year back but rather than accepting me the admin blocked me. I presume my accident because I didn't do anything (or have chance to) and I don't know the admins. I've now relocated to the UK and have tried to gain access again but I'm still blocked. My friend just posted onto the group to ask them to unblock me and the admins simply deleted his request and I remain blocked.

Has anyone else had issues with this? Does anyone know the admins, and could ask them to unblock me?

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not sure what is going on there Lára

An alternate is "Board Game Trading and Chat UK", it's very similar (a lot of people are in both groups) and has a friendly set of members. Though I've just seen you're not UK - that said most of the posts in the group you've mentioned are UK-targeted too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkllama wrote:
So my friend added me to the group 'roleplaying and board games for sale UK and EU only' almost a year back but rather than accepting me the admin blocked me. I presume my accident because I didn't do anything (or have chance to) and I don't know the admins. I've now relocated to the UK and have tried to gain access again but I'm still blocked. My friend just posted onto the group to ask them to unblock me and the admins simply deleted his request and I remain blocked.

Has anyone else had issues with this? Does anyone know the admins, and could ask them to unblock me?

Thanks guys!

Drop me a PM with a link to your Facebook account and I'll pass the request on to the admins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lára Pétursdóttir
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PirateKitten wrote:
Not sure what is going on there Lára

An alternate is "Board Game Trading and Chat UK", it's very similar (a lot of people are in both groups) and has a friendly set of members. Though I've just seen you're not UK - that said most of the posts in the group you've mentioned are UK-targeted too.

I've relocated, and usually split my time between Iceland/UK. I've joined the group, thanks for the tip!

ps: I love your username!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.