Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ispher's special ability says, "After this hero deals [damage icon] during a duel, he may draw a Fate card."

I take this to mean that if Ispher draws and plays a Fate card during a round of a duel that causes damage, he can immediately draw and play another Fate card during that same round. If that second Fate card also deals damage, can he draw another Fate card? And so on?

It doesn't say anything like "Once per round..." so we ruled that the player could just keep going. Ispher made pretty short work of his opponent.

Did we play that correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the confusion: the drawn Fate card isn't used to deal damage, it's used to potentially heal. Your quote left out the last part of the ability, which talks about how the Fate card should be interpreted.

If he deals damage, he draws a single Fate card... but he only uses it to look at the icon. If it's GOLD or GREY, he heals one; if it's RED, nothing happens.

Basically, I guess Ispher is semi-vampiric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, that was going to be my next question: When does the healing ability trigger?

I think I would have understood this power better if it had been written as one paragraph on the card instead of two.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.