3 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Quest Rewards Mismatch? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone addressed the backward descriptions between the quests and the reward cards?

District of Hammers - perfect, Find the Lost Weapon = a weapon
Brightsun Arena - this item should be the one from the Manor imo.
Moon Gate- perfect, Kill Orc Captain = captain's blade
Rookery- inappropriate- Kill HAMMER Beastman = Beastman's SPEAR?
The Manor- this item should be the one from the Arena imo.
The Orc's Hive- this one is awkward, the Captain has a Spell? I would change the title to "Orc's Bane" which mechanically acts as the title from this scenario, but given when killing a Captain. Then give the Spell to the players that break the first two stones.

Things get really backwards when dealing with the next scenarios:
Alchemist District- backwards!, Recover the Bomb =/= the bomb reward card, but you get a bomb reward from killing a monster?!
This would make more sense if simply the quest title was "Disarm the Trap" or something like that.

Red Dawn Square- appropriate (though if I had Chooloo I would use him as the summoned villain, as the crown fits better for his powers than Fang)
University Plaza- backwards! Find the Tomes =/= the tome reward card, but you get it from a monster? Again this could be fixed with a title change. "Find the Battle Plans" would make more sense.

Evershadow District- appropriate

Any thoughts or comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hiltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This drives me bonkers EVERY time I have to set up the aforementioned scenarios or when I try explaining the quests to people. Very confusing, I've thought about houseruling some logic there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gigi P
Italy
flag msg tools
I definitely agree with you
Thought about houseruling? Yep, me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.