Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of any component upgrade kits for El Grande, besides just buying meeples instead of cubes.

I would really like to find a castle instead of the cube for the Grande.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
dios_et_dios wrote:
Anyone know of any component upgrade kits for El Grande, besides just buying meeples instead of cubes.

I would really like to find a castle instead of the cube for the Grande.

You know the Big Box has meeples, right? Big for Grande, small for caballeros.

You could sell your older edition and use the proceeds to buy a Big Box, that's kind of an "upgrade kit"

Or, are you saying you specifically don't like the meeples idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of like my old edition, and don't care at all about the expansions. Meeples are okay, but I was looking at other options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ashmore
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can get a few of the First player castles from Lords of Waterdeep and paint them? I also know that MeepleSource has purple castle bits which could be painted.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
The fortified cities from Warrior Knights might work:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's about what I am looking for. The question is, how to get something similar without having to buy a whole game.

Any thoughts on upgrading the cubes that aren't meeples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dios_et_dios wrote:
That's about what I am looking for. The question is, how to get something similar without having to buy a whole game.

I'm wondering if your best bet might be resources for miniatures gaming. I don't think BGG is particularly strong on miniatures stuff, maybe there are sites dedicated to it that would be more helpful. But I'm betting you could find a miniatures gaming store that would sell that kind of thing piece-meal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
dios_et_dios wrote:

I'm wondering if your best bet might be resources for miniatures gaming. I don't think BGG is particularly strong on miniatures stuff, maybe there are sites dedicated to it that would be more helpful. But I'm betting you could find a miniatures gaming store that would sell that kind of thing piece-meal.

Yeah, I was really just poking around and seeing if anyone had done it already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.