Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been playing AS now for a couple of months. One thing that crops up a lot is the German failure to defend VP hexes. so often in the game VP hexes are left open because the Germans have moved on to push the attack forward. Once I have held their attack i can now counter.
I will give an example III army attacks towards Bastogne, Germans are placed defending the town as 15.4. They then force me a couple of hexes away but do not follow up as not an advance hex, or I deliberately retreat. The Germans now activate and depart using extended movement leaving only a minor force defending the Bastogne area. I then counter and retake town. Anyone else found this?
Another thing I find with AS is very rarely goes to the end has most of my GS games. Often German forces get bogged down at some bend in the river or some VP hex they can never take but have to stay next to 9.21d.
In GS if you hit a strong Allied defence line you can often change your axis of attack to breakthrough, but in AS the AI struggles to achieve this.
The game I am playing at the moment 6th objective is Havelange and 5th's is Dinnant, both very close together this as resulted in some 30+ Germans units crammed into this small area just battering there heads against a solid allied line. One attack was 15 chits I defended with airpower resulting in A7 result to D4 but with 3 units in a town I retreated two hexes the German's dispersed then next turn moved a fresh stack on defenders in.
If I was playing GS I would have been directing these forces North and South to make the Allies spread their defences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.