5 Posts

Wing Leader: Victories 1940-1942» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about shortest route and tallies. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Noda
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently playing a PBEM game of The Bridges of Sedan and a question has come up concerning tally behaviour.

At the start of the turn, a flight of Bf109s is in the same square as a squadron of Fairey Battles. The 109s have a tally on the Battles as they've attacked them on the previous turn. The Battles are running for home and are on the deck at height 0. During the movement phase, the Battles move their allotted 2MP into a grid with friendly troops who are firing a small arms barrage.

In my reading of the Shortest Route rules (9.2.5), the 109s would have to follow the Battles into the small arms flak barrage as they didn't drop their tally during the tally phase, they aren't allowed to climb or dive if they're at the same level as their tallied target, and they cannot end up further away from the tallied unit than when they started.

Is this correct or can the 109s refuse to follow the bombers into the flak grid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Key part of 9.2.5:

Where a squadron is instructed to move by the shortest route

I don't believe there's any requirement for a squadron with a tally to move by the shortest route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Noda
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention they're on an intercept mission profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thijg applies. Having a tally just means the squadron is concentrating attention on that target. It doesn't mean you have to fly towards that tally, even if you are on an intercept mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Noda
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. Had a brain fart and was thinking about vectors, not tallies. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.