Subject: Timeline and Minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of this while reading the Force Awakens IA thread and thinking about timelines and how FFG would have to make a new core game or just a new game to fit the new trilogy into IA.

The timelines are so different, almost all the hero allies would have to have new versions of themselves, never mind the first order changes.

This also got me thinking that since IA currently has Luke as "A New Hope" version, does anyone think FFG is going to come out with a Jedi ally version of him after Hoth? He's really the only hero I can think of that truly changed skills wise in the films and would warrant a second version...

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think everyone assumes we'll be getting a black clad Jedi Luke for the Jedi based expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Morstein
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good hint at their plans is found in the "Time Periods" of the side missions. Luke's side mission's time period is 3-4. I'd bet that we'll see another version for 5-7. Likewise, I think there'll be a "Han Solo, Rebel General", to cover the post-thaw period.

Chewbacca seems to have the latest period, 2-7. If they want to add characters from The Force Awakens, they simply need to add Time Periods beyond 7.

It'a admittedly open for interpretation, but I see the current time periods as:

1 - Pre ANH
2 - Tatooine Escape (ANH)
3 - First Death Star Battle (ANH)
4 - ESB - (Han's endpoint)
5 - Tatooine Rescue (RotJ) (Fett's endpoint)
6 - Battle for Endor (RotJ) (Vader's endpoint)
7 - Post RotJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You say "the Jedi based expansion" like it's a known thing...Is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We literally just had our Empire expansion, it's not a risky bet that in a we'll soon hear about the next small expansion followed by next years big almost certainly Jedi expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh you're referencing the movies. "Jedi" as in Return of the Jedi I see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Allenberg
msg tools
quigman wrote:
This also got me thinking that since IA currently has Luke as "A New Hope" version, does anyone think FFG is going to come out with a Jedi ally version of him after Hoth? He's really the only hero I can think of that truly changed skills wise in the films and would warrant a second version...

Thoughts?

I don't have the exact quote in front of me, but the RRG actually hints at this. When describing the rules surrounding unique characters it says that you can only have one of each based on character name and it specifically references the text in parenthesis. Something along the lines of "if you have Luke Skywalker (Hero of the Rebellion) you can't have any other Luke Skywalker." Based on that I'd say it's more than likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.