Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When giving the clue for a Tweener, does the person give just ONE set of "bigger than a..., smaller than a....." ? They give it once and then just sit back and let people guess? Or can they give multiple sets of bigger/larger comparisons?

We played that you can only do it once, but then the clue-giver really doesn't get to give any further guidance. The rules seemed ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Donohue
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Kneel puny Doomtrooper before the might of the Ezoghoul!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played that you can list off as many tweeners as you can think of.

With that kind of leeway you'd think it'd be easy, but people tend to lock up around 3 or 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played taht you only get one. Otherwise the category is just too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that you can give several clues. I imagine that if it hit the table more frequently and as we got better, we'd up the ante and reduce the number of clues you could give.

This also fits with the other categories- you can keep giving clues until they guess it or you pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Creighton
United States
Decatur
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play where multiple clues can be given, but i like the idea of just one clue. It would force more thought into the category and make it a little more challenging. We also have a problem where people are not using nouns to fill in the blanks. Example: Spam = It is bigger that WEIRD and smaller than MEAT. Don't know if anyone else has this issue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mozzee (Michael) Murphy
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I remember the rules "...a single well-worded clue..." would seem to be pretty clear that you only get one clue. But that's only my recollection. I'm too comfy to put on slippers and go out to the garage to check.

(I bet I get NO THUMBS for laziness)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.