Subject: is black secret solo-able? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi. i have the base game and planning on getting white moon and black secret. my concern is that i'm mostly a solo player and i might not be able to maximize Black Secret...soooo is Black Secret solo-able? thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played with Black Secret a handful of times, but I couldn't see this as possible without some kind of crazy solo variant. Black Secret's purpose is to allow someone to play Wu Feng, not great for solo.

White Moon adds a lot to the solo game, though.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i noticed there's an auto Wu-Feng in the variants section of the forum. i hope someone can give some feedback if this is good enough to warrant a purchase of Black Secret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
jog1118 wrote:
i noticed there's an auto Wu-Feng in the variants section of the forum. i hope someone can give some feedback if this is good enough to warrant a purchase of Black Secret ;)

I gave it a try a few times, and even gave some feedback for improvement, but ultimately you just lack the cruelty of a human Wu Feng actively trying to ruin your day. Mostly just the timing and aiming of curses, the control of the demons, ... all of those are so much more evil with some creative intelligence behind them.

I'd say Black Secret is only good for people who have played a lot of Ghost Stories, and who want to play competitively instead of Co-Op. Solo play really gets no benefit from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.