Hide
15 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mild potential spoiler - Asylum question - Death on second run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon Poli
msg tools
My group and I just finished our second run and we ended up all dead with one time unit left. Based on the wording on the failure card I should not read the card that said "read after you run out of time for the second time" (or something close to that), right?

This seems obvious but I see a lot of people talking on this forum about their 3rd run and how it is different (I haven't been spoiled on how different it exactly is). But in our case run 3 will be a regular run like 1 and 2, correct?

Thank you for any clarification you could provide on this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you die, you don't lose. You just put your pawn token 7 spaces behind to re-spawn

I assume even if you all die, time just ticks down until you come back (or you hit 0 TU in your case)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 13 of the rulebook: "If all receptacles are dead at the same time, the run immediately ends, even if TU remains (in which case, read the Failed Mission (TU) card)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be cristal clear, that is right (start over when all receptacles are dead), BUT if it were the 3rd run of Asylum, you simply add 7 TU and go on with the run. See the Unofficial FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amikezor wrote:
To be cristal clear, that is right (start over when all receptacles are dead), BUT if it were the 3rd run of Asylum, you simply add 7 TU and go on with the run. See the Unofficial FAQ.

...move the TU marker down by 7...

Official FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Poli
msg tools

Quote:

Thank you for your answer.

Are you saying that I am right and we should just reset the game as we did for our first two runs. In this case I would consider this coming game to be our run 3... So there are no additional rules for this run and the second part of your comment will potentially affect our run 4 (assuming we don't all die miserably again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VicR wrote:

Quote:

Are you saying that I am right and we should just reset the game as we did for our first two runs. In this case I would consider this coming game to be our run 3... So there are no additional rules for this run and the second part of your comment will potentially affect our run 4 (assuming we don't all die miserably again).
There is no run 4.

If all agents die in run 3, take a penalty of 7 TU while the Agency rebuilds your receptacles, and then carry on with run 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
amikezor wrote:

...move the TU marker down by 7...

Official FAQ

Well yes, absolutely. "Add" meant "substract"/"move down"/"Loose". Silly of me. ^^

As Stephen wrote, this applies to run 3. There is no run 4 in the Asylum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Poli
msg tools
Quote:
There is no run 4.

If all agents die in run 3, take a penalty of 7 TU while the Agency rebuilds your receptacles, and then carry on with run 3.

Sorry to ask again but I feel like the conversation has been derailed from my initial question:
We all died in run 2, which failure card should we read?
(i.e.: the same as when we ran out of TU in round 2 or the one that says something like "read if you run out of time in run 2")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VicR wrote:
Quote:
There is no run 4.

Sorry to ask again but I feel like the conversation has been derailed from my initial question:
We all died in run 2, which failure card should we read?
(i.e.: the same as when we ran out of TU in round 2 or the one that says something like "read if you run out of time in run 2")

I think yes, but I am quite confused:
"We all died in run 2" and later "the same as when we ran out of TU in round 2"

There is no such thing as a "round". Each reset triggers a new run. If you have reset only once, then yes read the "read if you run out of time in run 2" (that triggers the "emergency protocol"). If you have reset already twice, this is run 3 (the emergency protocol is ongoing) and you keep the run running, even if you all die, until some card intructs you to stop.

Hope this was clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Poli
msg tools
Quote:

I think yes, but I am quite confused:
"We all died in run 2" and later "the same as when we ran out of TU in round 2"

My bad, sorry for the typo ("round 2" should have been "run1")

We ran out of time in run 1 then died in run 2. So I understand that we now need to read the card that say "if you run out of time" even if we died.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, simply read "run out of time during run 2".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Play a game with a lonely gamer! You will make him much richer than Robin Hood would..
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
VicR wrote:

Quote:

There is no run 4.

So that means that the first receptacle to be revived again (the one that died first) comes back alone (if he died alone) apparently on a spot not with another receptacle right? Does this spot have to be a specific one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reintegrated agent can start on any space in the current location (with or without another agent), or arrive at the location with the team if the 7 TUs expire when changing locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Play a game with a lonely gamer! You will make him much richer than Robin Hood would..
mbmbmbmbmb
Scooperman wrote:
The reintegrated agent can start on any space in the current location (with or without another agent), or arrive at the location with the team if the 7 TUs expire when changing locations.

Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.