Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Emmerjanisch

Wisconsin
msg tools
Well Hard to say im a fan so i'd say all of them but ill do a quick breakdown.

La Brise Sanguine: Are about conditional effects (bleed, stun, blind, ect.)

Mazu are about Moving them enemy hero and getting around fast.

Personally i like the Mazu but this is because i have captain hook

If yo ulike attractive women Get La Brise
If you like dragons and panda's get Mazu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have to pick just one, I'd get Mazu - the movement shenanigans and dirty tricks make them really fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bigelow

Utah
msg tools
Honestly Get the Big box expansions before the hero sets. The Hero sets are alright and all but they kinda are annoying cause they only give you 3 guys not the full crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say it really comes down to what you want to do with the expansions - do you want to tweak what you already have to keep the core game fresh, in which case I'd say get the Hero Packs for the Mercenaries, Wellsport Brotherhood, and Bone Devils; or do you want to introduce new factions that add a significantly different play style to the game, in which case I'd suggest getting the La Brise Sanguine and Mazu's Deadly Curse faction expansions first.

Of course, the best value for your money are the big box expansions as for $20 more, you get 5 new ship boards, 2 fewer hero miniatures, and 60 Deckhand and Bosun miniatures - but they do nothing to spice up the base factions directly.

If you go the big box expansion route, then I'd suggest grabbing the Mercenary Hero Packs before the individual Hero Packs (unless you have one faction that you just love playing), as you can swap them into any faction to spice up their play style. Then, I'd finish out by collecting the hero packs for each of the factions, starting with the one you like best and then working your way through the rest (which, at $20 a pack, should be pretty doable). All in all, it's quite a good deal even just for the miniatures, as they are really full of character and tremendous fun to paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.