Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, did the reprint do well enough for there to be any expansions? Are there any firm plans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the new edition come with the Snow Tails: The Leap of Death tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:

No, the special tiles included are the ravine, the saplings, and the one where one side of the track is collapsed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
And when, exactly, are we playing Churchill again?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
zombiegod wrote:

No, the special tiles included are the ravine, the saplings, and the one where one side of the track is collapsed.

That's a little disappointing: in the Asmodee version, those are standard features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
Tarnop wrote:
zombiegod wrote:

That's a little disappointing: in the Asmodee version, those are standard features.

I believe these tiles are included in the reprint. They're "special" in that they are unique tiles in the box with special features (collapsed track, saplings, etc), not that they are available separately. As noted in a previous post "the special tiles included are..."

I have the Asmodee edition, but I believe the new edition has all the same tiles. And as with the Asmodee edition, it does not include Leap of Death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gwintner wrote:
So, did the reprint do well enough for there to be any expansions? Are there any firm plans?

I would love to see additional tiles. As someone who owns the Asmodee edition I would, of course, hope that they are compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlfast wrote:

I have the Asmodee edition, but I believe the new edition has all the same tiles. And as with the Asmodee edition, it does not include Leap of Death.

Well, I, too, own the Asmodee edition (store bought), and it came with the Leap of Death. I know the LoD was printed separately, but it was actually inside my Asmodee box as a bonus. Why it was a bonus, I have no idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
karlfast wrote:

Well, I, too, own the Asmodee edition (store bought), and it came with the Leap of Death. I know the LoD was printed separately, but it was actually inside my Asmodee box as a bonus. Why it was a bonus, I have no idea.

I'll just call you Mr. Lucky then!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karlfast wrote:
amacleod wrote:
karlfast wrote:

I'll just call you Mr. Lucky then!thumbsup

There's a tribe of us, actually!

Of the people I know who own the Asmodee Snow Tails (scattered around the province of Ontario), all of them got the Leap of Death in their game. I forget how many years ago that now was: the purchases were all made in about a two-year space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any word on expansions?
My Leap of Death came with the base game, though it was not inside the game (or the shrink).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine second hand and the leap o' death was in the box. Bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both the Asmodee and Renegade copies and they are the same board layouts. My Asmodee copy was purchased in the BGG store and was not a copy that came with the leap of death board. Though I did make a copy from the file here on BGG.

The cards were done with different art work as well as the track boards. The wooden pieces are all the same.Rules and the track layout suggestions are all the same. As I wanted two copies this is not a problem for me.

Also, the Asmodee and Renegade boards are compatible so you can interchange them easily.

I too hope they come out with some different boards for this game.

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
My feeling (based upon no actual facts), but I'm guessing the re-print has not been a big seller. Just simply asking my few gaming buddies, none of them even knew the game, & I can't help thinking that an RRP of £43 here in the UK is just too expensive when compared to other similar priced games & what components you get with those.

I've played the 2nd edition, & a price point seems right to me at £30. I would like to own the game, but I am not willing to pull the trigger at £43 from my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
My feeling (based upon no actual facts), but I'm guessing the re-print has not been a big seller. Just simply asking my few gaming buddies, none of them even knew the game, & I can't help thinking that an RRP of £43 here in the UK is just too expensive when compared to other similar priced games & what components you get with those.

I've played the 2nd edition, & a price point seems right to me at £30. I would like to own the game, but I am not willing to pull the trigger at £43 from my FLGS.

I stacked my discounts at chaos cards and ended up paying a little under £30, which I agree seems spot on for this game. I wouldn't have bought it at £40+
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wholeheartedly agree Paul. It's a re-print with no new components, how can they justify a 40% price increase????

Ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree Paul. It's a re-print with no new components, how can they justify a 40% price increase????

Ridiculous.

Well, it is a reprint of the rules but the art work is all new. That is probably where the price increase comes from. Everything else is exactly the same.

Now I'm not saying that the price is justified for a new face lift of an older game. But I got my first copy at a real good price so the cost of the new game balanced out.

At least this is better than the Blue Max reprint with two thirds less aircraft at $60 USD and the game is absolutely the same as the original just with better counter. The game map is still on heavy paper and the art work is not so great as to justify the cost.

Another game I love is B-17:QotS that has been remade as Bombs Away. Now this one has a lot of additional stuff from the original but its price of $100.00 USD has be balking at picking it up. Do I make a car payment or buy a game? easy answer here I',m afraid.

Games are getting very pricey now a days.

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.