Popular Tags: [View All]
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I cure in a ward with this ability, can I do a basic research even if I don't have a research facility?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered that as well. We played it as "nope."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hansen
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Short answer is yes.

The full ability text is "On Cure: One free basic research" So, if you fully cure a patient to the point of discharge you get a free basic research. You get no benefit for just treating a patient, they have to be fully cured.

Source = I'm the game's developer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, what Nathan wrote.
In theme it could be considered that after performing a life-saving procedure, an epiphany occurs or a long drawn out training finishes that advances your doctor's training/knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Nathan and Scott!

I really like this game so far. I hope to get several more plays in and review it in the New Year. Possibly as the New Year's review at that.

Hopefully I can also put together a player aid. ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BilboAtBagEnd wrote:

I really like this game so far. I hope to get several more plays in and review it in the New Year. Possibly as the New Year's review at that.

I'm glad you are having fun playing hhh!

What sort of info do you need on the player aid? I use the last page when I teach, but it is definitely not going to cover all the rules briefly or at all. If you need anything that I can help with, just ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delton P.
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BilboAtBagEnd wrote:

Looking forward for your review, Ava, since that's one of the ones that helps me decide on my next purchase. My FLGS has a copy on the shelf, but they haven't received a demo copy, so a bunch of the people are waiting for someone to be the first to buy it before jumping the gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra stuff on the player aid that I need (bolded indicates easily forgotten rules):

- Healing patients summary:
--- Draw how many cubes
--- Bonuses stack
--- Cube color match reduces illness by 1
--- Black cube increases illness by 1
--- Return number of cubes to cup equal to bonuses used.
--- Collect $1 per Illness level reduced) times PV
--- Complete cure, gain prestige == PV

- Research
--- Need research lab
--- Basic research (a) or (b)
--- Advanced research: two of (a), (b), (c)

(Also list what a, b, and c are.)

- Building/Upgrading areas
--- $10 cost unless Doctor with discount in play

- Hiring Staff
--- $5 ($2 with H.R.)

- Train a doctor for $5

Yes, hiring staff and training costs are on the board, but I like these things in one area for help with consolidating information for decision-making.

By the way, if I draw enough black cubes to kill a patient but there are enough color-match cubes to keep them alive (say 2 black cubes, 2 red cubes in cardiology) are they alive or dead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BilboAtBagEnd wrote:
Extra stuff on the player aid that I need (bolded indicates easily forgotten rules):

- Healing patients summary:
--- Draw how many cubes
--- Bonuses stack
--- Cube color match reduces illness by 1
--- Black cube increases illness by 1
--- Return number of cubes to cup equal to bonuses used.
--- Collect $1 per Illness level reduced) times PV
--- Complete cure, gain prestige == PV

- Research
--- Need research lab
--- Basic research (a) or (b)
--- Advanced research: two of (a), (b), (c)

(Also list what a, b, and c are.)

- Building/Upgrading areas
--- $10 cost unless Doctor with discount in play

- Hiring Staff
--- $5 ($2 with H.R.)

- Train a doctor for $5

Yes, hiring staff and training costs are on the board, but I like these things in one area for help with consolidating information for decision-making.

By the way, if I draw enough black cubes to kill a patient but there are enough color-match cubes to keep them alive (say 2 black cubes, 2 red cubes in cardiology) are they alive or dead?

A single black cube is "canceled out" by a single correct color cube. Do not check for death until all cancelling affects happen. a draw of 3 red and 4 black cubes when healing (going for red cubes), would result in only counting 1 black cube towards getting worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:

A single black cube is "canceled out" by a single correct color cube. Do not check for death until all cancelling affects happen. a draw of 3 red and 4 black cubes when healing (going for red cubes), would result in only counting 1 black cube towards getting worse.

Awesome! I thought it was that way, but wanted to make sure. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
msoul01 wrote:
BilboAtBagEnd wrote:

Looking forward for your review, Ava, since that's one of the ones that helps me decide on my next purchase. My FLGS has a copy on the shelf, but they haven't received a demo copy, so a bunch of the people are waiting for someone to be the first to buy it before jumping the gun.

Here is The Chief's review.

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/86171/healthy-heart-hospital...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question -- the rules say that the PV of the ER is 2, but the PV looks to be 1 on the expansion card for the ER. Is the card misprinted or am I missing a rule?

Also, what happens in the case that an ER cube patient gets sicker, and there are no free cubes in the discard for it?

Third question - Doctors with room discounts, do they have to be the ones spending the administrative action in order to get the discount? Or does anybody get the discount as long as the associated doctor is in play?

Fourth question - I was unfortunate enough to have 3 grey cubes and then have three more grey cubes come in. I have the ER. Do I get a 5-cube ER patient and then a 1-cube waiting room patient, or do I get a dead patient?

P.S. -- this game did not go very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BilboAtBagEnd wrote:
Another question -- the rules say that the PV of the ER is 2, but the PV looks to be 1 on the expansion card for the ER. Is the card misprinted or am I missing a rule?

PV1, rule is wrong. I'll let Nathan know (though he will most-likely read this). Page 9.

Quote:

Also, what happens in the case that an ER cube patient gets sicker, and there are no free cubes in the discard for it?

Move the last cube in the line one space further right.
Quote:

Third question - Doctors with room discounts, do they have to be the ones spending the administrative action in order to get the discount? Or does anybody get the discount as long as the associated doctor is in play?

the doctor with ability needs to spend the action for the discount.

Quote:

Fourth question - I was unfortunate enough to have 3 grey cubes and then have three more grey cubes come in. I have the ER. Do I get a 5-cube ER patient and then a 1-cube waiting room patient, or do I get a dead patient?

Dead. 6+ is time to hide the body.

Quote:
P.S. -- this game did not go very well.

play with Dr Lucky devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it - but, it's not explicitly clear. The Ward tiles could have used a section in the rulebook, maybe.

With "Automatically Get Worse" - I assume this is during Housekeeping? Seems to be the most logical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tourguide674 wrote:
Glad to hear it - but, it's not explicitly clear. The Ward tiles could have used a section in the rulebook, maybe.

With "Automatically Get Worse" - I assume this is during Housekeeping? Seems to be the most logical.

Ambulance phase actually - making rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarity could be made that the Break Room provides shared tokens once on building/improving.

Also it's not clear to me if Dr. Lucky or the Morgue result in prestige loss or not. Do they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BilboAtBagEnd wrote:
Clarity could be made that the Break Room provides shared tokens once on building/improving.

Also it's not clear to me if Dr. Lucky or the Morgue result in prestige loss or not. Do they?

That would be really nice if they didn't lose you prestige, but current rules say that all deaths require the loss of prestige and money.

Earlier prototypes had no prestige loss, but also only 4 deaths allowed. Plus, not as fun - we went with the fun version. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
BilboAtBagEnd wrote:

That would be really nice if they didn't lose you prestige, but current rules say that all deaths require the loss of prestige and money.

Earlier prototypes had no prestige loss, but also only 4 deaths allowed. Plus, not as fun - we went with the fun version. devil

Ah, ok, so the Mortgage and Dr. Lucky (and the Coroner apparently) get you "freebies" for money (and cheapies for later spaces in the morgue) but otherwise the multipliers still exist.

That works for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delton P.
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HitchKennedy wrote:

Don't know how I missed this, but thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Tourguide674 wrote:

But, still pulling cubes? If at game start I have 3 patients randomly drawn as 2s - I'd flip them to 3 during rounds-- but, if I pull cubes in the wards that match they'd get worse again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tourguide674 wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
Tourguide674 wrote:

But, still pulling cubes? If at game start I have 3 patients randomly drawn as 2s - I'd flip them to 3 during rounds-- but, if I pull cubes in the wards that match they'd get worse again?

No need to pull cubes for the "automatically get worse"-stricken ward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Quote:

How can an ER patient get sicker without dying? The rules on page 10 state:
If a patient in the Emergency Room drops below 5 cubes, it will be immediately transferred back to the empty chair in the Waiting Room / Triage where it came from.

Also, how do you track which chair it came from if both sides are empty? I actually had this happen and couldn't recall which side I had moved it from. I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run since Ambulance draws are random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
Quote:

How can an ER patient get sicker without dying? The rules on page 10 state:
If a patient in the Emergency Room drops below 5 cubes, it will be immediately transferred back to the empty chair in the Waiting Room / Triage where it came from.

Also, how do you track which chair it came from if both sides are empty? I actually had this happen and couldn't recall which side I had moved it from. I guess it really doesn't matter in the long run since Ambulance draws are random.

This was the older rules for the ER.
The new ER will not allow this to happen. You quoted the new ER, so this thread might not sync for those who have not read the old ER.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.