Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello BGG!

I am having a bit of trouble understanding Pleasure Barge (Tyrell), or maybe just trouble understanding the strategy behind it.

Pleasure Barge
Location, cost = 0 gold
"Barge"
Immune to card effects
Reaction: After you marshall PB, if you have not yet drawn any cards this phase, draw three cards.
(-1 gold)

So first of all while I have this out, the gold I receive from the plot card is reduced by one, right? So this doesn't affect me the turn I marshall it? this seems like a hefty penalty just so I can draw three cards via the reaction.

Immune to card effects, I get. But what would compel me to include this in a deck. I didn't see many other cards that played on the keyword "Barge". it just seemed like a useless barge, immune to other card effects yes, but it doesn't nothing else for me other than reduce my gold.

Thanks for the help!

Kyle A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drawing three cards is the only good part of the location, but it is very good.
If you run lot of cheap cards in a deck, you often need the cards more than the gold, and the drawback isn't so bad if you can close out the game in a few turns.
It may shine more in the next few packs when we have more cheap cards to play for rush strategies. I imagine that there will be a nice knights&ladies deck that runs cheap arbor Knights, hedge Knights, Tumblestone Knights, Arya, Sansa, Margaery, and lots of knight/lady supporting cards. With the cost curve of such a deck, they are more card starved than hold starved so pleasure barge fits fine,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok thanks!

it just didn't seem to fit in with anything else in the Lannister/Tyrell pre-con deck. maybe if there was a card that allowed you to remove a location from play for some benefit, I could see wanting this card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It wouldn't be able to remove Pleasure Barge because it is immune to card effects, for precisely this reason. The immunity is about stopping it's owner from destroying it after he drew his cards, so it's really a negative more than a positive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahh yes, forgot about that bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
It wouldn't be able to remove Pleasure Barge because it is immune to card effects, for precisely this reason. The immunity is about stopping it's owner from destroying it after he drew his cards, so it's really a negative more than a positive.

And the immunity is just for the card itself, not the effect, so the card draw can still be canceled, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lytic Phage
msg tools
ilgoga wrote:
MasterDinadan wrote:

And the immunity is just for the card itself, not the effect, so the card draw can still be canceled, right?

Correct. RR. 9, Immunities:

Only the card itself is protected, and peripheral entities associated with an immune card (such as attachments, tokens, abilities originating from an immune card, or duplicates) are not themselves immune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.