Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Favaretto
Italy
Casier
(TV)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player place two or more of their Master Architect in the same location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem!
But only a few locations (#4, 5 and 10) are actually worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Favaretto
Italy
Casier
(TV)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game a player cut out another from the market with this move, negating him the access to needed resources and costing him the game. Bad play from the cutout player, of course, but in that case also #12 was worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only have 3 Master Architects. Whether it was actually worth it to "waste" one of them depends on what he could be used to instead.

And the Marketplace is seldom the most interesting location to seek out. I don't think I have ever seen a game in which all four spaces were occupied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
You only have 3 Master Architects. Whether it was actually worth it to "waste" one of them depends on what he could be used to instead.

And the Marketplace is seldom the most interesting location to seek out. I don't think I have ever seen a game in which all four spaces were occupied.

It can happen on the last turn in a four-player game, because excess gold and resources are worthless on that turn. Players with goldsmiths need to sell any resources they can't convert at all, or can't convert for 3:1 (stone beyond the sculptor's limit, sand with no potter). Players without goldsmiths need to convert their unused gold into something valuable.

In addition, several other spaces are less useful on the last turn, so there aren't many places to put master builders. Besides the obviously worthless spots, the king's court is of no value to a player with no goldsmith and at least 4 gold to spare unless he goes to the market as well. If the only player in the king's court takes the metal, that leaves just 8 spots other than the market, so the market will be full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.