Scott Mansfield
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last half dozen competitive plays whoever scored the whale trophy (13VP) won the game. I feel this is the only trophy card that should have a reduced Trophy VP. I understand that flipping them to Monotheistic will negate those VP's but that also means you have to be Monotheistic and in a position as being Monotheistic to win. I almost feel you have to decide early on if you want to flip yourself to Monotheistic and focus on resource VP's, and not do it purely as a tactic to counter others trophies.

Any thoughts on countering others huge trophy scores by not switching yourself to Monotheistic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. i have mainly heard the spam iron strategy being accused of being too strong. Always good to hear that something else is also too strong

I do agree though, it gives many points compared to the other trophies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
The iron strategy is indeed strong - I had an opponent
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
beat me with it with 30 VP's to my 18!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.