Subject: Spamming on BGG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
While nowhere near the scale of the spam problem on the "outside", I have noticed an increase of GeekMails from (usually) freshly-registered strangers, to the effect of:
"I see you're looking for BlahBlahBlah - I/MyCompany just happens to have it for sale/EbayAuction!"

I'd like to think this is against BGG's TOS/AUP, but I can't put my cursor on where it is explicitly prohibited to spam via GeekMail.

IS it? If so, where is this policy located?

So far, I've been taking the time to try educate these people, pointing out there's no need to spam - there's already a very efficient function built right into BGG! Less work, targets ONLY those who want it, and lessens if not removes the incentive to become pondscum to bother people with unwanted emails. It'd be easier to just point them at the relevant policy, of course.

Like I said, most are new users, and some have integrated themselves into the marketplace. Some however, are NOT new - and really should know better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please forward any such geekmails to an admin if you feel it goes beyond mere naivete.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.