Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of allowing the player to "secretly select" the chit, have the opposing player randomly draw one out of a cup.

Afterall, this is the RANDOM SCENARIO GENERATOR, not the I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO USE THE SS COMPANY SCENARIO GENERATOR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
Instead of allowing the player to "secretly select" the chit, have the opposing player randomly draw one out of a cup.

Afterall, this is the RANDOM SCENARIO GENERATOR, not the I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO USE THE SS COMPANY SCENARIO GENERATOR!

Nothing stopping you from picking your chit randomly--I just point out that presumably you'd giving up some advantages of picking a correctly armed squad for the terrain you are attacking in, the mission you face, etc.

In a tightly packed city with few long firelanes, I'd rather have SMG squads. Wide open spaces, more likely to need Rifles, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Point taken, but I've always thought that one of the reasons to use a random battle generator was to reflect the reality of being given orders to do something that might not be the best task for your unit.

"Just carry out your orders, soldier!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Lewis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you do have to match the chit to the correct year. But I guess, after you roll the year, you could put all the available chits in a cup and randomly draw from those...

I'll give this idea a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'll give this idea a try.

And hope that you don't draw a German Platoon for a wide board; or a bunch of long-range pieces on a dense city board; or a Russian SMG formation on an open map like #11; or....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
WBRP wrote:

That made my day so much happier

Quote:
And hope that you don't draw a German Platoon for a wide board; or a bunch of long-range pieces on a dense city board; or a Russian SMG formation on an open map like #11; or....

I think WBRP said it best. Sometimes you gotta go into battle with the men you have, not the men you want to have
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.